Ayreon:The Universal Migrator pts 1 & 2 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ayreon:The Universal Migrator pts 1 & 2

3-LockBox
10-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Man, is this a love it or hate it type album or what. The thing is, you got to convince some to sit tight until track three, or they may not make it past the strange 'My House On Mars'. But boy, is this a great album from track 3 on. Track 9 and 10 are my favorites on disc one. 'And The Druids Turn To Stone' is a killer song, except I can't listen to it without thinking of two midgets dancing around a two-foot tall stonehenge (from Spinal Tap). Neal Morse's turn on 'First Man On Earth' is also great.

I've only listened to disc two twice so far, so more on that later...I've listened to disc one four or five times already...I think I'm in the "Love it" category.

Dave_G
10-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Pretty good stuff.

You might also enjoy the Star One cd, and if you can find the dvd, it's incredible.

Dave

BarryL
10-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Man, is this a love it or hate it type album or what.

I haven't listened to this in a long time. I think I'll yank all of my Ayreon stuff and give it a listen next week. I remember that the last one, The Human Equation, or something, was really great, but I was on the road for a month so I loaded it up on my iPod before I left. I don't think I've heard it in its complete CD glory yet.

Also, I know they've re-released some of this older stuff. Have you heard these? Are they any good? I think he even re-recorded one of the albums or something.

Dusty Chalk
10-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Universal Migrator is one of the re-releases, but not the re-recording (I haven't picked that up yet).