Anyone here of "The Trews" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here of "The Trews"

3db
10-26-2005, 09:12 AM
http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/products/regular/M2098135.gif

I think this album really rocks. The bassist and the guitarist really open this album up.

Zombie
10-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Anyone here of "The Trews"
Yea, I think ForeverAutumn is one of their street teamers. Or is it groupie? I might be wrong, but I think she hangs out with them and shamelessly promotes them around here. I've heard them.

Stone
10-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Yea, I think ForeverAutumn is one of their street teamers. Or is it groupie?

She might be both.

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2005, 10:31 AM
She might be both.

I am both (well, not an official street teamer. I'd just look like someone's Mom promoting the band and no one would take me seriously). I am, however, guilty of having shamelessly promoted this band here (and anywhere else that I can) on several occasions.

The Trews are one of my favourite new bands of the last few years. If you like Den of Thieves, you will also enjoy their debut House of Ill Fame. It rocks just as hard. Of the two, I think that Den of Thieves is slightly more mature, musically. But both releases are excellent.

If you think that The Trews rock on CD, go see them live if you get the chance. They are fantastic performers and very entertaining to watch. I've seen them on two occasions and both were highly enjoyable. I can't wait to see them again.

EDIT: My finely honed sluething skills tell me that you're in Canada. You should be able to find House of Ill Fame pretty cheap. I think that HMV has it as one of their 2/$25 promotions. I've also seen it at Future Shop and Best Buy for about $12.99. You used to be able to find it for $9.99 but I haven't seen it at that price for a while. If you happen to get the newer release with the bonus tracks, lemme know. I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of those extra tracks. ;)

ToddL
10-26-2005, 10:57 AM
http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/products/regular/M2098135.gif

I think this album really rocks. The bassist and the guitarist really open this album up.

I actually know them. I used to go see them every Wednesday when they played in a 50 person venue in Niagara Falls. Was an extra in their new video that they shot last week for the song Yearning. In addition to them rocking they are also very cool down to earth guys. If you have never seen them live than you don't know what you are missing, they are twice as good live as they are on recording.

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2005, 11:04 AM
I actually know them. I used to go see them every Wednesday when they played in a 50 person venue in Niagara Falls. Was an extra in their new video that they shot last week for the song Yearning. In addition to them rocking they are also very cool down to earth guys. If you have never seen them live than you don't know what you are missing, they are twice as good live as they are on recording.

You know them? Okay, then I have to ask...

Is the bass player really a herion addict? Or does he just go out of his way to look like one?

My one criticism about the band...the bass player looks more like he belongs in the Sex Pistols than in The Trews. He's a talented musician, but he just looks out of place on stage. I actually find it distracting.

Otherwise, I love this band!

ToddL
10-26-2005, 11:23 AM
You know them? Okay, then I have to ask...

Is the bass player really a herion addict? Or does he just go out of his way to look like one?

My one criticism about the band...the bass player looks more like he belongs in the Sex Pistols than in The Trews. He's a talented musician, but he just looks out of place on stage. I actually find it distracting.

Otherwise, I love this band!
No hard drugs for these guys, I don't think they even "smoke" anymore, they are actually very discipline, they drink but that seems the limit. Jack does look kind of spacey, it seems kind of like it is part of his personality. It would be hard for a quiet guy to deal with fame. The Sid Vicious thing is funny that is what we used to think to.

nobody
10-26-2005, 03:58 PM
FA sent me some Trews a while back. I like 'em. Just some nice straight ahead rock and roll....something getting more and more difficult to find these days.

Finch Platte
10-26-2005, 06:05 PM
I like 'em, too. FA turned me onto them, and they're neato torpedo. But I really like another band FA turned me onto, Treble Charger.

If you like the Trews, you'd probably like the Tories 1st disc, too, if you can find it.

http://www.djangomusic.com/images/cover200/DRC900/C985/C9858768IWU.jpg

Review here: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=10:nln8b5m4msqf

fp