Denon Avr3300 Hd ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon Avr3300 Hd ?

mille162
10-25-2005, 09:37 PM
The back of the DENON AVR 3300 Receiver has 2 sets of component inputs and 1 component output. For simplicities sake, I want to keep all my video switching with my audio switching through this receiver (change to DVD from TV on receiver and it changes audio and video) so my receiver's onscreen menu's are always on the same display channel. I know this isn't the "best" option (which would be wiring each source directly to the tv), but it's how I'd prefer to have it set-up.

I can no longer find my owners manual and now can't tell how to assign these two sets of component jacks to my DVD and TV settings on the receiver. Also, more importantly, do these sets of components maintain the HD signal as it's received (i.e. no degradation of signal quality).

TIA

Mille162

N. Abstentia
10-25-2005, 10:36 PM
You might want to make sure that the on-screen display is displayed through the component output, most receivers do not do this. You'll probalby need to run an s-video cable for the OSD.

You can probably download the manual from Denon's website.

Jim Clark
10-26-2005, 04:37 AM
On that Denon the OSD is only sent via S-video.

Going from memory The component outs do not offer full bandwidth necessary to meet the specs of true HD. However, I seem to remember some of the techie types saying it was good enough, certainly for DVD. Wish I could remember more clearly but I haven't owned that for quite some time. An act of nature took it out but it was one exquisite machine, especially for two channel music.

Regards,
jc

mille162
10-27-2005, 08:47 AM
I didn't try it, but I was able to get an answer my one of my local HighEnd shop techs. The component in/outs will handle a HD signal without problem. It will not pass throught he onscreen menu as that's SVideo out only, so it looks like I'll be dumping the 3300 on ebay and purchasing the 3805 or 3806.

Thanks all