White Sox & Astros: A World Series that makes you want to watch the news! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : White Sox & Astros: A World Series that makes you want to watch the news!

Daddy3Legs
10-25-2005, 04:23 PM
What time does Joe Scarborough bring his boring ass to the tv airwaves? Even Chris " I never shut the hell up" Mathews is more exiting.

dean_martin
10-25-2005, 05:46 PM
What time does Joe Scarborough bring his boring ass to the tv airwaves? Even Chris " I never shut the hell up" Mathews is more exiting.

I dunno about "exiting", but game 2 was exciting. The Astros were the first team I saw live. They were playing the Padres in the Astrodome back in the early 80s. I've kept up with them ever since so I'm kinda glad they made it to the Series.

I'm sure it is boring for a Yankees fan though. Better luck next year.

GMichael
10-26-2005, 05:18 AM
I dunno about "exiting", but game 2 was exciting. The Astros were the first team I saw live. They were playing the Padres in the Astrodome back in the early 80s. I've kept up with them ever since so I'm kinda glad they made it to the Series.

I'm sure it is boring for a Yankees fan though. Better luck next year.

Thanks Dean, but I have been enjoying this series anyhow. Nice to see so many ex-Yankees in it. I think the last 2 games could have gone either way. Sure would be nice to see the Astros win a couple before it's over though. Maybe even come back all the way.

JSE
10-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Was there last night. Needless to say, I'm hurting physically and mentally today.
Great game, bad outcome for us Stros fans.

The Stros had many opportunities to win all 3 games. They just have not stepped up and made the big plays like Chicago has. Last night, our hitting vanished after the 8th inning and we stranded something like 13 or 15 runners. We had a tie ball game with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 9th and then, nothing. Stros should have won it right there. Simple as that. Just about any in bounds contact with the ball would have one the game.

BTW, I'm sick of Garner giving Bagwell mercy bats. Get his butt out of the game. He, as usual, was trying to be the hero and hit a game winner. He almost fell over a few times he was swinging so hard. He just needed to hit the ball. Anywhere! He has failed his entire career in post season play because he tried to do it himself. I have never been a big fan of Bagwell and Biggio but I have to give it to Biggio this year and last year. He stopped trying to be the hero and just started playing ball. He got up to the plate and just tried to put the ball in play and it worked. Bagwell? Are you listening?

JSE

daviethek
10-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Sox are gettin some breaks but they are steely eyed and focused. I feel for the stros a bit but with a 4-0 lead in the 5th and the best pitcher in the NL on the mound, they got to win that game last night. I was glad to see them beat Larussa, one of the few guys in baseball I freakin hate.

Daddy3Legs
10-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah baby, this World Series was exciting.

Where's footbal????

**** it, it's football season now!