HELP GUYS! Infinity BETA C250 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HELP GUYS! Infinity BETA C250

Justinian
10-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Guys I need some help fast! I ordered a Mirage Omni CC-1 center channel speaker and FedEx never delivered it so Vanns offered to send another one but they are permanently out of stock. They recommended the Infinity BETA C250 as a replacement. What I need to know is this: is this a quality speaker and just as important - will it match with these components:

YAMAHA RX-V657 Receiver
MIRAGE Omnisat Micro Surrounds
MIRAGE Omni S8 Subwoofer

They will ship out the Infinity BETA tomorrow if they don't hear from me to cancel it, so speedy replies from the audiophiles are needed and will be appreciated. Thanks.

swgiust
10-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Even though the Infinity is a good quality speaker. I would make sure that
NOBODY has any of your speaker left before I would accept another brand.

Somebody must still have one in stock, do some looking, call the factory
direct.

You can always get the Infinity later if you have to.

Jim Clark
10-25-2005, 02:45 PM
If this was a package deal I'd send them all back and start from scratch. Personally I'd even be willing to take a small loss on the deal to get out of this fiasco. Wouldn't let Van's know about that though!

jc

Justinian
10-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks for both your replies!
swgiust:
Even though the Infinity is a good quality speaker. I would make sure that
NOBODY has any of your speaker left before I would accept another brand.

Somebody must still have one in stock, do some looking, call the factory
direct.

Justinian:
FedEx claimed to deliver the Mirage Omni CC-1 and the Omnisat Micro on Oct. 10, but the signature the driver claimed to have was for someone who does not exist at our business, and no one on my staff had seen a FedEx delivery for weeks. So I filed a claim with FedEx which is still open. I suspect, but cannot prove, that the driver stole the items. In any case, there is no sight of these two packages and I doubt if they will ever be found, especially if they are in the driver's personal possession somewhere. So Vanns offered to replace both components, but the center channel is out of stock, and I cannot find it anywhere - except from a vendor in Malaysia and I will not risk dealing with them! Teeter is the only electronics store that carries Mirage and they do not have any center channel speakers. I have checked online and the Mirage Omni CC-1 is not available anywhere. Would you recommend a different Mirage center channel speaker? Does it have to have omnipolar technology? Wouldn't the Infinity Beta C250 match what I have already?

Jim Clark:
If this was a package deal I'd send them all back and start from scratch. Personally I'd even be willing to take a small loss on the deal to get out of this fiasco. Wouldn't let Van's know about that though!
Justinian:
It was not a package deal. I purchased the items individually because I like Mirage sound and quality and the prices were very reasonable. I do not want to start from scratch, so my original question remains: Will the Infinity BETA C250 match what I do have or would you recommend something else for a center channel? My room is only 12' x 15' so I do not need alot of power.

What would you do if you were in my place? I need to choose the easiest, fastest, least costly option and that's why I cannot start from scratch or wait for a Mirage CC-1 to become available somewhere. I am willing to pay a little more for a different Mirage or other.

nightflier
10-25-2005, 05:00 PM
You could try outlet stores like Outpost.com, Pricegrabber.com, Overstock.com, or search on eBay & Audiogon (you can place a 'item wanted' add there as well).

PAT.P
10-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Did you check their Factory 2nd store in the state?Or put your name on their list.Mirage is made by Audio Product International Corp ,they also make Energy and Athena .

Jim Clark
10-25-2005, 07:16 PM
What would you do if you were in my place? I need to choose the easiest, fastest, least costly option and that's why I cannot start from scratch or wait for a Mirage CC-1 to become available somewhere. I am willing to pay a little more for a different Mirage or other.

I told you what I'd do if I were in your place - I'd insist on an actual match (and have done that myself very recently!). That doesn't work for you. You seem to have it figured out already. You said, "I need to choose the easiest, fastest, least costly option". Looks like Vans is sending one tomorrow that will qualify for the easiest, fastest, least costly option. It's a shame it went down like this and I sympathize having been in a similar situation recently. Good luck to you.

jc

Justinian
10-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I told you what I'd do if I were in your place - I'd insist on an actual match (and have done that myself very recently!). That doesn't work for you. You seem to have it figured out already. You said, "I need to choose the easiest, fastest, least costly option". Looks like Vans is sending one tomorrow that will qualify for the easiest, fastest, least costly option. It's a shame it went down like this and I sympathize having been in a similar situation recently. Good luck to you.

jc

After re-reading these posts, I cancelled the replacement order for the Infinity Beta and will now concentrate on looking for the Mirage CC-1 or some other Mirage-compatible center channel with Omnipolar technology - which I like very much. Thanks for giving me the push to make this decision. I really think it is important for my three front speakers to have the same timber.

Jim Clark
10-26-2005, 04:27 AM
After re-reading these posts, I cancelled the replacement order for the Infinity Beta and will now concentrate on looking for the Mirage CC-1 or some other Mirage-compatible center channel with Omnipolar technology - which I like very much. Thanks for giving me the push to make this decision. I really think it is important for my three front speakers to have the same timber.

I think in the long run you will be happier and I know that your system will be better for it. It's a crappy situation, no sense compounding the problem with a speaker that you don't want. Keep hitting the net you never know when something may turn up on Ebay or Audiogon.

Regards,
jc

hoanghai2k
10-26-2005, 06:49 AM
If the room is too small, just add other Sub, make it hide somewhere

Jim Clark
10-26-2005, 07:52 AM
If the room is too small, just add other Sub, make it hide somewhere

L yeah! Missing a center channel just add another sub and that ought to work out great.???

I see this is only your second post. If this is the best you got, spare us a third.

jc