component cable dilima [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : component cable dilima

HT NEWB
10-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Ok so I just got my new lcd tv mounted on the wall and am, at the moment runnung the av's for all of my components through a small hole behind the tv down to a cable box along the base board. But this just looks awful and was wondering what my options are as far as cleaning this mess up a bit. I hope to be building a recesed self to hold all components in the near future. Is thear some sort of switch type plate with female av's so I could hard wire avs through the wall with no need to rerun wire every time I get a new component, or is an av switch my only option.
Any help would be much appriciated.

Ok... I did some serching (which is probably what I should have done in the first place, sorry) this is what I came up with.

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2219&sku=37069
It says they have screw down conectors on the back how does this work? What type of wire do I use? Do I use a standard set of compnent cables, or will I need to splice bare wire to these?

edtyct
10-24-2005, 05:00 PM
You can certainly get wallplates for making connections in whatever custom configurations appeal to you. If you do, you might consider making use of your HDMI option, since it will be the connection of choice for a while, arguably deliver the best picture to your LCD, and perhaps be the only way to guarantee authentic HD content. You don't want to be opening up your wall very often. Two websites come to mind--RamElectronics and PacificCable.

Ed