New cartridge [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New cartridge

rockecat
10-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey guys help me out I got the old, stuff up and running and need a cart.
I would like to stay around $100-150 the table is a Technic SL-1900
it has a cheopo A/T in it now and man it is really bright,plus my vinyl is
very mint and really want to keep in as good as shape as possible.

Thanks
Scott

Jimmy C
10-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey guys help me out I got the old, stuff up and running and need a cart.
I would like to stay around $100-150 the table is a Technic SL-1900
it has a cheopo A/T in it now and man it is really bright,plus my vinyl is
very mint and really want to keep in as good as shape as possible.

Thanks
Scott

...it's very difficult to compare different arm/cart/table combos, but if brightness/harshness is your main complaint, I would give a listen to the Grado line. They are certainly not "tilted up" at all. Even the entry-level model is at least decent. Within your budget, I suppose the Silver or Gold (on sale?) would be the model.

Just one idea, have fun...

squeegy200
10-24-2005, 03:00 PM
The Grado line of Prestige cartridges are very affordable and would work well with a Technics turntable. They are available from $29--$150.

While in college, I used a Technics turntable and had very good luck using Stanton and Shure cartridges. Their music grade products (Not the DJ cartridges) can produce some very pleasing music and there are plenty of models within your suggested budget.

rockecat
10-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks guys I will look into the grado, it seems many moons ago I was using a pickering maybe a 3000 series not sure to many sunsets since then.I will google grado and see who has them in stock.

Thanks

rockecat
10-26-2005, 05:40 PM
I went with the Stanton the Grado apparently have some feedback problems with Technic tabes
and I did not want to chance it. I will let you know how it works out.