Help connecting computer sound card to home audio system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help connecting computer sound card to home audio system

gcook67
10-23-2005, 01:27 PM
I just hooked my sound card to my home stereo system and have to really crank up the volume on the receiver to hear music. Is there something anybody can recommend to help me improve the quality of the sound. When switching from the same music cd from cd player to computer i loose half of the sound :confused:

lappin1979
11-09-2005, 02:56 AM
I just hooked my sound card to my home stereo system and have to really crank up the volume on the receiver to hear music. Is there something anybody can recommend to help me improve the quality of the sound. When switching from the same music cd from cd player to computer i loose half of the sound :confused:

Only thing I would suggest is to check your audio cards settings and make sure the digital or whatever slot you are using is up all the way. No matter what you are going to lose power because the amp is going to be doing all the work, there is no power supply on your audio card other then a very weak one, and that is why most speakers for computers are small and generally come with their own power supply.

ruadmaa
11-09-2005, 03:31 AM

I simply connected a stereo jack to the output of my built in computer sound card (nothing special on the soundcard) and plugged the other end into my receiver and get plenty of sound. Can't imagine what your problem is unless your sound card is defective or you don't have the volume turned up on your sound card. Just about any input on your receiver (other than a phono input) should work just fine.