Help with setting up a Yamaha 457! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with setting up a Yamaha 457!

macsound
10-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Can anybody help or suggest ways of setting up my receiver Yamaha 457 in a 13' x 16' room. I tried going through the instructions but...

paul_pci
10-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Can anybody help or suggest ways of setting up my receiver Yamaha 457 in a 13' x 16' room. I tried going through the instructions but...

What exactly do you mean by "setting up"? Be more specific and we'll be able to help you better.

macsound
10-24-2005, 01:25 AM
I went through some of the instructions but alot of the terminalogy is unformiliar. The only thing I know what to set up is the size like small, midium and large meaning the size of the room. LFE is another I have it to 0. I forget some of the other nacronymes there were but any help would be nice.

kexodusc
10-24-2005, 03:30 AM
Does the 457 even have an adjustable setting for room size?

I would set all speakers to small (regardless of physical size) and set the bass to "subwoofer" as in subwoofer only, not "Both" or "Mains".
Crossover or LFE cutoff frequency should be around 80 Hz, maybe higher or lower depending on your gear and preference.

Manually enter the speaker distances in feet from your listening position. Set the speaker levels with an SPL meter, and enjoy.