amps [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : amps

munawar
01-10-2004, 03:02 AM
Hi,
I am not an experienced stereo buyer and bought the following system: NAD T741 +C270 with KEF Q5 (Front), Q9C (Centre) and Q1 (Rear) with a REL subwoofer Q150E. The T741 experienced problems so my stereo guy is suggesting I replace it with the T752. The other option I have is the Rotel RB 1070 and RSX 1055 which will cost a little extra. The stereo guy however is telling me this rotel set up would damage my speakers or the amp would have problems as it cannot give enough power to my system. Am I being suckered? two other options the HK7500 + HKPA2000. He's however trying to make me buy the Rotel RMB 1075 + RSP 1066 which is really expensive. As I am not an expert does it make sense for me to jump so ahead. Please advise.

woodman
01-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Dear "newbie" -
Unfortunately, you've fallen into the clutches of an unscrupulous m*****-f***** of a "salesman", who's primary concern is extracting money from your wallet!

Is there any way you can "bail" from this salesman and his store and shop elsewhere? Is it possible you can just return the goods you purchased and get your money back? Or at least the electronics (keeping the speakers)?

The goon's "advice" that you'll damage the speakers by not feeding them enough power is sheer, total, 100% BS nonsense ... he either doesn't actually KNOW anything about the goods that he's "selling", or else he has no business ethics, morals, or conscience!

I'd like to help you but first .........

woodman
01-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Dear "newbie" -
Unfortunately, you've fallen into the clutches of an unscrupulous m#@%$*-f#@$%^& of a "salesman", who's primary goal is ther extraction of money from your wallet!

Is there any way you can "bail" from this salesman and his store and shop elsewhere? Is it possible you can just return the goods you purchased and get your money back? Or at least the electronics (keeping the speakers)?

The goon's "advice" that you'll damage the speakers by not feeding them enough power is sheer, total, 100% BS nonsense ... he either doesn't actually KNOW anything about the goods that he's "selling", or else he has no business ethics, morals, or conscience!

I'd like to help you but first .........

munawar
01-11-2004, 06:03 AM
unfortunatly in this country(Pakistan) there is no such thing as customer service or warranty on these types of products so I am screwed. the nad he sold me is faulty and i am lucky he's changing it at full cost rather than discount it based on the fact its 2 months old. I can either change it for a new T741 (which could be used I'll never know) or change it for the options he's mentioned. I have to spend less than $300 to switch over to the Rotel RB 1070 and 1055 but do u think it will perform well. I am not so much into music basically a film freak but when I listen to music its mostly jazz. or switch to the NAD T752 for under $300/ Not looking at the HK or larger Rotel option.
Thank you for your advice its given me more confidence

woodman
01-11-2004, 12:36 PM
So sorry to hear that you live in a place where you don't have the luxury of picking and choosing a retailer to do business with like we do in this country.

Having said that, I'd recommend that you "bite the bullet" and make the switch from the NAD to the Rotel RB1070 and 1055. IMO, you'll be far ahead of where you are right now.

Good luck