Anyone going to see the 'new' INXS? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to see the 'new' INXS?

ForeverAutumn
10-20-2005, 04:43 AM
They're playing two shows here in February. At what is, IMO, the best venue in the city...holding about 5,000 peeps). Out of curiousity, I went onto to Ticketbastard to see how tics were selling. Much to my surprise, both shows are sold out!

I guess their TV show really did revitalize their careers. I'm not sure that they would have been able to sell out two nights, with an unknown singer, prior to Rockstar INXS.

And, they guy who finished in second place, Marty Casey, is opening for them with his band The Lovehammers.

Stone
10-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Anyone going to see the 'new' INXS?

Only if they play songs only from their first 5 albums. In other words, NO.

Duds
10-20-2005, 11:09 AM
both shows sold out? not much to do there eh? j/k

i read an article where if they do a second season of this foolish show, it will be Van Halen. I really hope it doesnt take place. The only real VH is with DLR

They're playing two shows here in February. At what is, IMO, the best venue in the city...holding about 5,000 peeps). Out of curiousity, I went onto to Ticketbastard to see how tics were selling. Much to my surprise, both shows are sold out!

I guess their TV show really did revitalize their careers. I'm not sure that they would have been able to sell out two nights, with an unknown singer, prior to Rockstar INXS.

And, they guy who finished in second place, Marty Casey, is opening for them with his band The Lovehammers.

ForeverAutumn
10-20-2005, 11:22 AM

i read an article where if they do a second season of this foolish show, it will be Van Halen. I really hope it doesnt take place. The only real VH is with DLR

I heard that Van Halen rumour too. My husband said that he saw an interview with Eddie on TV where he said "absolutely not" to a question about whether the rumour was true.

BarryL
10-20-2005, 11:52 AM

The Bee Gees. They're down one singer, so why not?

Or how about that '70s country band John Denver. I haven't heard anything by those guys since their lead singer died in a plane crash.

ForeverAutumn
10-20-2005, 12:03 PM
The Bee Gees. They're down one singer, so why not?

Or how about that '70s country band John Denver. I haven't heard anything by those guys since their lead singer died in a plane crash.

Or, maybe it'll be Dream Theater. Lots of people think that they need a new singer. :D

BarryL
10-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Or, maybe it'll be Dream Theater. Lots of people think that they need a new singer. :D

You have more than twice as many posts as I have. Way to go.

3-LockBox
10-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Heyll naw.

I know this looks caustic...but I need to get my post count up...;)