Want better sounding speakers?.......Just try these........... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Want better sounding speakers?.......Just try these...........

Soundideas
10-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Take two 17.5" by 17.5" ceramic floor tiles and put one under each speaker. The improvement I'm hearing in my system is... more 3-Dimensional.......tighter bass......better mids and highs....very nice improvement! My floor is carpeted , never have tried this on hard wood floors yet.

N. Abstentia
10-18-2005, 07:28 PM
My God. I think you get stupider with each post.

Here's a novel idea for you:

CARPET SPIKES

They're the latest rage.

Soundideas
10-18-2005, 08:04 PM
My God. I think you get stupider with each post.

Here's a novel idea for you:

CARPET SPIKES

They're the latest rage. No spikes for me, I use Mi-Rollers on top of these tiles. You can get these things cheap too $15.00 for a set of three Demo Brass Mi-Rollers, jrs. I told Rick Becker about these and here's the review.........OH, Rick tells us what he thinks about this "ceramic tiles tweak" in this review also........ http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1004/mirollers.htm

pelly3s
10-19-2005, 04:15 AM
I have to stop going to those links each one makes me wish I was dead

SlumpBuster
10-19-2005, 10:45 AM
I got that all beat. My speakers have spikes with each tower sitting on a half inch slate tile. Each tile has a carpet scrap glued underneath (soft side down) so the carpet cushions between the tile and the hardwood floor. Underneath the floor are steel I-beams in a concrete foundation. The whole room then sits on the back of a hundred year old tortise. All I gotta say is this set up makes the new Bloodhound Gang record come alive. The stage prescence and depth of Jimmy Pop's vocals were unmatched. It's Grammy time!

N. Abstentia
10-19-2005, 12:54 PM
No spikes for me, I use Mi-Rollers on top of these tiles.

Maybe that's why your system sounds like crap?

L.J.
10-19-2005, 01:00 PM
LMAO...HaHa. You guys are so funny.

Soundideas
10-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Here's something else that will AMAZE you..... Cryo'd fast-blow ceramic fuses from Cryo-Parts for $5.75 each.... http://www.cryo-parts.com/oddsends.html Someone over on audio asylum forum has already tried these cryo'd ceramic fuses...... http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/123365.html

pelly3s
10-19-2005, 02:44 PM
if i hear one more thing about cryo i am going to get my brain cryoed

PAT.P
10-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Maybe that's why your system sounds like crap?There no need for insult ,is there.If he's happy with the way they work why go and cut him down.

topspeed
10-20-2005, 08:31 AM
There no need for insult ,is there.If he's happy with the way they work why go and cut him down.
Because he's a shill & a troll, Pat. All he ever does is come here touting the latest voo-doo and snake-oil he found on some website. It's ridiculous. If he actually bought the crap he espouses, which I find extraordinarily hard to believe, he has invested more on "tweaks" than his actual white van speakers :eek:.

I agree with trying to be civil, but there comes a point where shills and trolls have to be put in their place. If the mods won't do anything about it, it's open season!

To everyone else, as tempting as it is, can we please stop feeding the trolls?

ericl
10-20-2005, 08:40 AM
I never know how to deal with this guy. Usually I just delete spam, but the threads that ensue from this particular person are usually pretty funny. The funniest part is his stereo, which makes me think he's just doing this for laughs. A Sony receiver and white van speakers with all those tweaks?? He's got to be fooling with us.

GMichael
10-20-2005, 08:58 AM
I never know how to deal with this guy. Usually I just delete spam, but the threads that ensue from this particular person are usually pretty funny. The funniest part is his stereo, which makes me think he's just doing this for laughs. A Sony receiver and white van speakers with all those tweaks?? He's got to be fooling with us.

I have been ignoring these threads lately. Is it OK if I go back to feeding the bears?
Some funny stuff for sure.

PAT.P
10-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Because he's a shill & a troll, Pat. All he ever does is come here touting the latest voo-doo and snake-oil he found on some website. It's ridiculous. If he actually bought the crap he espouses, which I find extraordinarily hard to believe, he has invested more on "tweaks" than his actual white van speakers :eek:.

I agree with trying to be civil, but there comes a point where shills and trolls have to be put in their place. If the mods won't do anything about it, it's open season!

To everyone else, as tempting as it is, can we please stop feeding the trolls?
Lately I notice on most thread there insult,cut-down.Flo was doing this in your eyes ,he was called from bigot ,Nazi,ect ect.Now we even have Moderators on some thread at it.Can we just enjoy ourself,learn and teach?

SlumpBuster
10-20-2005, 11:41 AM
My tortoise is cryoed... but, he is also a bit of a bigot. You don't know stereo separation until you've heard your stereo on the back of a frozen bigoted turtle.

abstracta
10-20-2005, 11:47 AM
I noticed they sell 'cryo' treated golf balls (I'm guessing they couldn't fit frisbees in the tank). Aren't these guys a research division of Bose?

I wonder if they 'cryo treated' my socks if I wouldn't have to wash them as much.

GMichael
10-20-2005, 11:53 AM
I noticed they sell 'cryo' treated golf balls (I'm guessing they couldn't fit frisbees in the tank). Aren't these guys a research division of Bose?

I wonder if they 'cryo treated' my socks if I wouldn't have to wash them as much.

You have to wash socks? Oh man! I've been doing it wrong. I just throw mine in the hamper. A few days later they always show up back in my dresser all clean and folded.

Soundideas
10-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Hey, that Sony str-v5 receiver is one of the best sounding in its day and can hold its own with good gear made today too! And those SDAT speakers sound damn good let me tell you! Go head and have your FUN.....all these tweaks that I'm REALLY USING and REALLY OWN, really do work! If some of you would just quick running off at the mouth and really try some of these tweaks you too would see that they really work........HAVE A NICE DAY........ :cool:

GMichael
10-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Hey, that Sony str-v5 receiver is one of the best sounding in its day and can hold its own with good gear made today too! And those SDAT speakers sound damn good let me tell you! Go head and have your FUN.....all these tweaks that I'm REALLY USING and REALLY OWN, really do work! If some of you would just quick running off at the mouth and really try some of these tweaks you too would see that they really work........HAVE A NICE DAY........ :cool:

My bet it that this guy is a regular posting under this name to make us laugh.

ericl
10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Is this it?
How much have you spent on tweaks compared to this?

ericl
10-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Is this it?

To be clear, I'm not trying to bash your stereo. I love vintage gear, i have tons of it. Don't know anything about the "SDAT" speakers.

If you're actually a serious person and not just pulling our chain (which you are doing a great job of) what we're saying is maybe you should quit wasting money on silly tweaks and put that cash to actual gear upgrades.

When I first got into audio I fell for this stuff. I didn't have much money to spend so I bought all these silly little tweaks because they weren't too much money. I rarely heard anything. What a waste. Just save your money and upgrade things that matter: Speakers, Amp, Source.

OK, that will be my only serious post because I still can't tell if you are serious or not.

Geoffcin
10-20-2005, 04:08 PM
My tortoise is cryoed... but, he is also a bit of a bigot. You don't know stereo separation until you've heard your stereo on the back of a frozen bigoted turtle.

That brought me back to my Grateful Dead days....

Geoffcin
10-20-2005, 04:12 PM
My bet it that this guy is a regular posting under this name to make us laugh.

Naa...Unless Audionote speaker are really SDAT's!

Soundideas
10-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Is this it?
Thats my receiver, show a picture on what this receiver looks like on the inside. I spent about 3 times more on the tweaks, you can get these receivers very cheap sometimes.....

Soundideas
10-20-2005, 04:37 PM
To be clear, I'm not trying to bash your stereo. I love vintage gear, i have tons of it. Don't know anything about the "SDAT" speakers.

If you're actually a serious person and not just pulling our chain (which you are doing a great job of) what we're saying is maybe you should quit wasting money on silly tweaks and put that cash to actual gear upgrades.

When I first got into audio I fell for this stuff. I didn't have much money to spend so I bought all these silly little tweaks because they weren't too much money. I rarely heard anything. What a waste. Just save your money and upgrade things that matter: Speakers, Amp, Source.

OK, that will be my only serious post because I still can't tell if you are serious or not.
OK, prove me wrong then....just try one of those Cryo'd ceramic fuses from cryo-parts and tell us what you think........???

ericl
10-20-2005, 04:47 PM
OK, prove me wrong then....just try one of those Cryo'd ceramic fuses from cryo-parts and tell us what you think........???

:D
HAHAHA!!

GMichael
10-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Naa...Unless Audionote speaker are really SDAT's!

RGA? Nah, I don't think this is his style. Not sure who though.

L.J.
10-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, the question should be what don't you like about your current system? There must be something wrong with the sound if you're on a constant quest to change it.

N. Abstentia
10-20-2005, 06:34 PM
There no need for insult ,is there.If he's happy with the way they work why go and cut him down.

Because if a slab of tile improves his system tenfold...it had to sound like crap before.

Soundideas
10-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Because if a slab of tile improves his system tenfold...it had to sound like crap before.
Some people use these ceramic tiles to tighten up the bass in their subwoofers too but if you have the money......Granite blocks are a little better.........

shoe
10-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Reading through the instruction manual for the VTF-2 subwoofer, seems I remember Dr. HSU mentioning that if you have a tile or wood floor that a piece of carpet or small rug placed under the sub would help by creating a bit of damping so that the sub will sound more controled and cut down on distortion. Wish I had the manual here so I could quote it word for word. I had a big marble slab under the sub before but incorporated Dr. HSU suggestion and it did make the bass notes more musical/ distinct.
have fun and don't quit!!

Soundideas
10-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Cryo treatment is the weakest link for our components just like room treatment is the weakest link for our speakers. The Freezer tweak is the poor man's way to get some of the effects of Cryo treatment but with the freezer tweak you have to keep refreezing it every 6 months or so to keep those effects too. A good way to get a taste of cryo treatment is to just try one of these cryo'd ceramic fuses.....it takes about a week for these fuses to break-in good also........ :cool:

GMichael
10-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Cryo treatment is the weakest link for our components just like room treatment is the weakest link for our speakers. The Freezer tweak is the poor man's way to get some of the effects of Cryo treatment but with the freezer tweak you have to keep refreezing it every 6 months or so to keep those effects too. A good way to get a taste of cryo treatment is to just try one of these cryo'd ceramic fuses.....it takes about a week for these fuses to break-in good also........ :cool:

How about if I use dry ice or liquid nitrogen?

Soundideas
11-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Here's another "must have" product... www.realitycables.com http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1130694315&read&3&4&

GMichael
11-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Here's another "must have" product... www.realitycables.com http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1130694315&read&3&4&

Reality cables huh? Catchy.

point_and_shoot
11-05-2005, 09:01 PM
A Sony receiver and white van speakers with all those tweaks?? He's got to be fooling with us.

LMAO!

Ned2865
11-20-2005, 10:44 AM
http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm

bacchanal
11-21-2005, 10:06 AM
http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm

wow, that's the best one ever! I'm in the wrong business.

anyone wanna buy some leftover power ranger stickers from halloween? if placed on your amp they will tighten up the bass and give you a more flat response! I'm selling them for a one time offer of $20 each. :eek:

BEETLEMAN
11-21-2005, 11:28 AM
my gosh its amazing how much crap is floating around out there. if your system doesnt sound good, there is nothing you can really do than to replace the offending piece. get something different and then try that. but putting things under your speakers, ontop of your speakers, bean bags ontop your cd player, sand ontop your speakers. where is it going to end.
best thing i ever did was to get all my speakers to the right listening height in the room, everything off the floor, and it didnt cost me a thing.
but if you want to spend money on (tweaks) i guess that is okay.

Pat
11-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Take two 17.5" by 17.5" ceramic floor tiles and put one under each speaker. The improvement I'm hearing in my system is... more 3-Dimensional.......tighter bass......better mids and highs....very nice improvement! My floor is carpeted , never have tried this on hard wood floors yet.
With my Klipsch 4.2's in the back room I have them up on spikes sitting on square concrete pads from a home store. Painted flat black and them being almost exactly the same size as the speaker they look pretty darned nice. I absoloutely understand what you are saying about this.

I'm sure it not anything magical but it is suprising to get results. Probably has to do with things like spikes, coupling, de-coupling or whatever basic isolation type things there are.

I am also just about to try this with my RF7's in the living room to see if I get the same results.