zingali overture opinions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : zingali overture opinions

djluke
10-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Hello

I am considering buying some Zingali Overture 2s to run from my Audionote pre and Musical fidelity power. Does anyone have these, or heard them. A recent model update took place last year, with the bass port being moved to the back panel. Is this model an improvement or just cosmetic adjustment?

Any info would be much appreciated, as I am an English hi-fi buffnow living in Southern Spain, so no esoteric shops down here!

Many thanks

djluke

Bernd
10-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Hi,
I am running the Overture3s and have posted a review in the review section here. Many speakers have crossed my floor some good some not so good. All box speakers I might add-have no experience with Maggie's etc.
All I can tell you that I will not change brand again. This speaker gives me exactley what I was looking for. If you want the heart and soul of music this is it. The port does make a difference and the whole range has been updated. My whole setup is vinyl and tube based and these boxes just sing. The omniray horn technology gives you very life like presentation and there are very easy to drive.
But with all speakers it is a personal thing and before you buy I would advice you to take a listen. Can't tell you much more really. They work for me.

Good Luck

Bernd

djluke
10-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the responce.

I think I will go for the 2s, I heard them on dem in London but different gear and bigger room/acoustics totally different. Its the usual problem. I can send em back if no go. But I think they will probably be fine. My Audionote M3 pre will sound good I think, no problem with guts from the old Musical Fidelity Power A370-2. The thought was if the power amp goes eventually, I can swop to 300 Bs of some type, and the zingalis would be superb?

Thanks

Julian

Bernd
10-18-2005, 02:16 AM
Hi Julian,

Good choice. I do know that the Zingali range works better with Valve amplification. I started with a Pathos Logs (Hybrid) which was great , but i got a really good offer on a second hand Cary 300b SEI and went for that. That was magical. I then did my final upgrade by trading the cary in and got a brand new Unison Research Performance. Now that is a marriage made in heaven.
Anyway let us know how you get on.

Good Luck

Bernd

djluke
10-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Bernd

Thanks mate, I will. I just trying to track down a good price for the units here in Spain. It appears there is no supplier here, and Zingali seem to ignore my endless requests for a dealer in Italy or Spain. It should be a bit cheaper by avoiding buying from the UK, as mail from Italy to UK, then mail to Spain, seems daft!

Any ideas?

Julian

Bernd
10-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi Julian,

Why not buy them in Italy (Rome is a fine City) and ship them to Spain. Or you could even visit the Zingali factory -well worth a trip just outside Rome- I know as I have been.
You are right in what you say about Zingali getting back to you, but they are so wrapped up in making those Speakers that somehow answering questions doesn't come very high.
The other thing you might want to consider is to give Jack Lawson at the Audio Salon in Glasgow a ring. He is most helpfull and since he deals with Zingali direct he might be able to help.
Anyway you will not rergret your choice-especially as you want to go all valve.
Keep in touch

Bernd