remote fails [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : remote fails

Astro
10-17-2005, 10:23 PM
hey there
for some reason i am not aware of, somtimes the remote needs a second pressing everynow and then to get a component to do a job. It happens on either the tv, dvd player or receiver. After pressing it again it works. I have no floresent lights or anything interferening. The batteries are new as well.
Do all remotes have this problem and are they not 100% accurate all the time when you press a button on them?

Mr Peabody
10-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately, what you describe is common. How old is your remote? I have some that started out working fine but needs more pressing as it aged and then I have some, like on my cable box, that sucked from the beginning. I never know if I am going to get the right channel or not, sometimes it won't accept one of the numbers, sometimes it may put it in twice with one push.

Astro
10-24-2005, 02:59 AM
Unfortunately, what you describe is common. How old is your remote? I have some that started out working fine but needs more pressing as it aged and then I have some, like on my cable box, that sucked from the beginning. I never know if I am going to get the right channel or not, sometimes it won't accept one of the numbers, sometimes it may put it in twice with one push.

hey Peabody
the remote is for the rx-v2500 and is around a year old.
worked ok and just resently started doing it
oh well guess i can put up with it knowing that it isnt a prob with the remote or unit.

probably around 80-85% of the time it works fine, just somtimes it needs an extra push here the there
cheers