VR-1's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : VR-1's

Duds
10-17-2005, 06:31 AM
Well, I am now the proud owner of a pair of Von Schweikert VR1s. I went with the African Hazelwood finish, and I must say they are absolutely beautiful!!! I couldn't be more happy with the finish I went with.

I just got them set up Saturday afternoon, and so far I am very pleased with the sound I am hearing. I havent done a whole lot of critical listening because I want to let them break in for the recommended 100 hours. But what i have heard has been pretty damn good so far!!! I've been playing around with placement a little bit, right now I have them about 8 feet apart, and have them very very slightly toed in. Once they break in i'll probably make some more adjustments though.

I'm definitely happy with my purchase though. These speakers look beautiful sitting on top of the VR stands!!!

JohnMichael
10-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Well, I am now the proud owner of a pair of Von Schweikert VR1s. I went with the African Hazelwood finish, and I must say they are absolutely beautiful!!! I couldn't be more happy with the finish I went with.

I just got them set up Saturday afternoon, and so far I am very pleased with the sound I am hearing. I havent done a whole lot of critical listening because I want to let them break in for the recommended 100 hours. But what i have heard has been pretty damn good so far!!! I've been playing around with placement a little bit, right now I have them about 8 feet apart, and have them very very slightly toed in. Once they break in i'll probably make some more adjustments though.

I'm definitely happy with my purchase though. These speakers look beautiful sitting on top of the VR stands!!!

Congratulations on your new speakers. I have read so many positive reviews about the VR1's that I will be strongly considering them when I am ready to upgrade.

jack201
12-21-2005, 05:35 AM
Congratulations!

They are wonderful speakers indeed. I've used them with a wide range of gear and they've sounded good with everything. In my experience however to get the most out of them Tubes are the way to go. Fortunately, there are many candidates out there that won't break the bank from the Cayin A50 to the Manley Stingray. they also sound fantastic wiith Vintage tubes like McIntosh 225s Dynaco ST-70s and the like. I've even tried them with 300B SETs and with vocals and small ensembles at moderate levels they are just plain amazing.

Jim Clark
12-21-2005, 05:51 AM
Another happy VS customer, welcome to the club. The African Hazelwood is such a gorgeous finish that it makes them also as much fun to simply look at as hear. Before it's all said and done I'm going to pick up a set myself to use as rear speakers in my 5.1 setup. Currently that space is occupied by some AR DIYs that while nice, surely don't look or sound nearly as good. Sadly, it's going to be a (long) while.

jc