Hello All [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

opt80
10-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Hello everyone!
I am a close friend of JDaniel and Tentoze. I reside over at AudioKarma as a mod of General Discussion.
I live on the East Coast of Canada,in the small province.
my musical tastes are to blues,roots and singer\songwriters.JDan and Tozer and I share a lot of the same musical interests.
I hope to hang here a bit.People say I am easy to get along with,Jdan and Toze know different(LOL)
I am listening to William Galison and Madeleine Peyroux ~ Got You On My Mind.An excellent recording :)

Thanks

Alan

Davey
10-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey Alan. Always nice to get some cross pollination of musical ideas between the boards, except geez louise, there's way too many of you crazy Canucks here already! JD and Toze are a couple of the good ol boys, even if they are a little crusty around the edges :)

Playing some Cesaria Evora right now. Beautiful music from 1995 on Nonesuch. Her first truly international release I believe, and still my favorite. What a voice.

opt80
10-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks Davey!! Two better buds can't be found. Toze and Jeff and I are the 3 amigos on AK

Alan

Jim Clark
10-15-2005, 02:23 PM
If we'd have known somebody was gonna drop by we would have cleaned up the cobwebs. Been a bit slow lately. You could do a lot worse than Tentoze and Jdaniel, although their taste in music is 98% ****te. Mine however is impeccable (fruitty little smiley goes right here).

NP: The Sound

Sneekpop 4-8-84
01 Intro
02 Golden soldiers
03 Counting the days
04 Total recall
05 Love is not a ghost
06 Restless time
07 New way of life
08 Winning
09 Dreams then plans
10 Fire
11 Winter
12 Monument
13 Whirlpool
14 Sense of purpose

Welcome, even though you're one of those bluez guyz. I'll bet there's something we have in common somewhere along the line.

Regards,
jc

opt80
10-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Jim, when Ilurked here yrs ago,I always admired your posts. My blues collection amounts to only 1% of my stuff. I listen to more of the stuff Tozer and Jdan listen too.

I admire anyone who listens to music as more than background noise.

Thanks for the welcome

Alan

tentoze
10-15-2005, 04:18 PM
I admire anyone who listens to music as more than background noise.

Thanks for the welcome

Alan
Whaddya say? Can't hear you for all the background noise...

NP: Townes Van Zandt/ Roadsongs

opt80
10-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Toze,so this is your other home,

Alan

ForeverAutumn
10-15-2005, 06:43 PM
I thought you looked familiar! I've occasionally wondered over to AK, but I keep finding my way back to this place...must be home.

Welcome Alan. Nice to have you around. If you're a friend of JD than you may appreciate that I'm listening to the new Colin James disk, Limelight, right now. An excellent disk, as are all of Colin's releases. And, as expected, excellent recording quality. I don't know why everyone can't put out disks that sound this good. :confused:

So, which small East Coast Province do you reside in? PEI? I'm in Ontario, just a wee bit north (like, 2.5kms :D) of Toronto.

tentoze
10-15-2005, 07:41 PM
O sure, Canudians unite.......sure. ;)

Opt,

There are a handful of hardcore music lovers left here. I don't post much, and never did, but I'll give the core group here credit for shaking me out of my musical doldrums a few years ago.

audiobill
10-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Welcome to RaveRecs, Alan!

Tentoze & JD are into some fine music, most of the time -- although you might find yourself stretching beyond their genres, after you spend some time here, heh, heh, heh.

Currently, I've been enjoying playing some bands from my youth, such as Modern Lovers, Ian Dury, Tom Robinson Band, Devo, The Undertones, Generation X, and The Buzzcocks. More of a nostalgia trip on a Sunday a.m..

N.P., The Modern Lovers' "Pablo Picasso" Next up, Joy Division's "Warsaw"

(also, started the day with a full listen to Ry Cooder's Chavez Ravine (you might like this one, based on you toze-jd alliance)

I, like Foreverautumn, am from the south. Sorry, tentoze, another Canadian -- blame it on Canada, eh.

Again, welcome,

Bill aka audiobill

opt80
10-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome,

Forever Autumn,I am in PEI. I haven't checked out Colin's new cd yet. If you like Colin check out Manitobian, Luke Doucet. His latest, Broken,is freakin fantastic.

Alan

ForeverAutumn
10-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome,

Forever Autumn,I am in PEI. I haven't checked out Colin's new cd yet. If you like Colin check out Manitobian, Luke Doucet. His latest, Broken,is freakin fantastic.

Alan

Duh! I just noticed that your Location shows PEI. Maybe I should pay more attention around here. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the rec. I'll definately check Luke out!

Stone
10-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Hi Alan,

You're obviously a person of questionable character if you're buddy buddy with JDaniel and tentoze, but I'd like to welcome you to Rave Recs anyway.

Stone

Well, the girls would turn the color of an avocado
when he would drive down their street in his El Dorado

Mr MidFi
10-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the Monkey House. I always think it's a class move to raise your hand and self-identify as a noob. We look forward to hearing more from you.

NP: Jayhawks' 'Hollywood Town Hall' (after a very enjoyable session with The Arcade Fire 'Funeral')

Stone
10-17-2005, 07:53 AM
NP: Jayhawks' 'Hollywood Town Hall'

I listened to that this weekend. I'm a relative newcomer to this particular album, and man, I wish I had had it sooner. It's damn good.

Dusty Chalk
10-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I am a close friend of JDaniel and Tentoze. That's alright, we won't hold it against you. Welcome! Don't let your subwoofers clip.

Mr MidFi
10-17-2005, 10:13 AM
I listened to that this weekend. I'm a relative newcomer to this particular album, and man, I wish I had had it sooner. It's damn good.

I found it at my local library, of all places. I'm diggin' it plenty, too. 'Clouds' might well be their best song.

JDaniel
10-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Welcome aboard Alan. I feel like a stranger here myself these days. I check in here daily, but rarely post anymore. A man of few words... Actually, a man of little time. You know, 4 kids, a job, a life etc...

Glad to see you around. And don't let these yahoos fool you. They actually like me and toze. We are like the red-headed step-children around here.

JDaniel

opt80
10-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks Jeff,I like it here!!

Alan

tentoze
10-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Welcome aboard Alan. I feel like a stranger here myself these days. I check in here daily, but rarely post anymore. A man of few words... Actually, a man of little time. You know, 4 kids, a job, a life etc...

Glad to see you around. And don't let these yahoos fool you. They actually like me and toze. We are like the red-headed step-children around here.

JDaniel
Yah, we twang.......