Hey DavietheK, you are the greatest!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey DavietheK, you are the greatest!!!

jrhymeammo
10-14-2005, 06:00 PM
This tweak works incredibly well, I got this idea from daviethek. DK was talking about placing Hockey pucks under equipments, and I thought it was just another useless idea. Well folks, don't knock it 'til you try it.

4 Pucks-$4.00
4 precise Brass Screws-$3.00
4 tiny pieces of poster puddy

I hope the photo attachment is in place.

I placed them under my TT with the tip of screws up, and I have never heard my records with this much clarity. The bass became sooooooooo much tighter, and highs are extremely clear. Every part of music is much more defined.

I've had this set up for awhile now and I wanted to share this tweak on this forum, but I've been too busy rediscovering my music. My G records became VG+, and VG became VG+++. Only bad side of this tweak is that it scratches the bottom of the TT, but I don't give a damn. You guys really need to try this, if you guys are having isolation/vibration issues.

Thank you daviethek. I think that I might even love you. lol.

JohnMichael
10-15-2005, 12:20 PM
This tweak works incredibly well, I got this idea from daviethek. DK was talking about placing Hockey pucks under equipments, and I thought it was just another useless idea. Well folks, don't knock it 'til you try it.

4 Pucks-$4.00
4 precise Brass Screws-$3.00
4 tiny pieces of poster puddy

I hope the photo attachment is in place.

I placed them under my TT with the tip of screws up, and I have never heard my records with this much clarity. The bass became sooooooooo much tighter, and highs are extremely clear. Every part of music is much more defined.

I've had this set up for awhile now and I wanted to share this tweak on this forum, but I've been too busy rediscovering my music. My G records became VG+, and VG became VG+++. Only bad side of this tweak is that it scratches the bottom of the TT, but I don't give a damn. You guys really need to try this, if you guys are having isolation/vibration issues.

Thank you daviethek. I think that I might even love you. lol.

Great job adapting his idea. Gives your table a new look. It looks more substantial with the big feet.

jrhymeammo
10-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Crappy photos but you guys get the idea. This stuff really works, so breakout your penny jar and go spend $8 folks.

Hey daviethek, Soft Pucks($1.49 ea) worked better for my CD player.

daviethek
10-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks and glad the cheap tweak worked. Interested in the soft pucks. the only soft pucks I've seen are brightly colored and would not pass the wife test unless the wife was color-blind, where did you get them?

jrhymeammo
10-16-2005, 04:06 PM
I got'em at Gart's Sports or Sport Authority(they keep changing names). They are bit smaller than regular pucks, bright colors ay? Mine are black, I hope it'll work on your system as it did mine.