Personality Poll [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Personality Poll

Florian
10-14-2005, 03:47 PM
I give a honest and friendly suggestion to many questions. I recommend many box speakers and suggest good equipment. I never rate pictures in the gallery with a 1 because the system has a lower price tag. My system is a lot lower pricetag compared to some other systems on audiogon. I would like to know how i am seen.

The owners and moderaters always call me a rich prick when i dont like a speaker thats highly praised by magazines. Just because i dont like the new 800D speaker and consider it the most overhyped speaker in the world my thread gets erased. If i dont like a gay boys 10$ speaker that acording to him is better then any home audio speaker, i get describet as a rich snoob. That sucks!

-Flo

PS: By the way, i work my ass off and dont have rich parents that shove money up my ass!

Add-on: If i see a system regardless of budget that is well thought out, uses good electronics in its priceclass and the person is willing to learn i am nice. If i see someone with a 25$ bookshelf speaker connected to his ipod that talks **** about high end audio systems than i get pissed and i will show it. I have never put down a system and said "your stuff sucks ass" (exept the fights with RGA) and didnt recommend him something when it wasnt needed.

Here is a list of the stuff i used to onw and a story that i wrote a bit ago.

First System:
------------------------
Onkyo TX-DS555 Receiver with Infinity RS3's for X-Mass from my dad when i was 17. I worked my ass off cutting grass at my neighbors for a NEC SW300S subwoofer.

I saved my money and bought a pair of Onkyo THX-F1 front speakers and noticed that there is a thing called "stereo image" ;-) I got hooked and worked and saved my alouence to buy a Onkyo C340 CD Changer from Circuit City.

Then my parents divorced a second time (3rd stepmom) and i went back to germany. Lost all my friends and surrounding again and had to begin new.

In germany i did complete my surround system with Magnat and a Velodyne CT100 subwoofer which i paid for from fixing computers.

My first pair of Maggies (0.5) cost me aprox 1500$ and my mom loaned me the money and i worked it off over a period of about 1 years. During that time i always TRADED my way up. The Onkyo TX-DS555 turned into the Onkyo TX-SV919THX, then into the Onkyo TX-DS838. Then a Marantz SR7200, Harman Kardon AVR7000 and then a Onkyo Integra TX-DS939. I always worked and got lucky on deals and bought my Onkyo THX Ultra speaker system and ran my Maggies from the second output of the Integra.

I did become more interested in 2 channel and therefore bought a NAD320BE and ran it on my Maggies, but it clipped horribly and tried some PA stuff from Bell Audiolabs with a Kenwood Basic C1 preamp. But that once clipped too and so i met Mr. Schneider from the Magnepanstudio and listened to some Cambridge Audio Equipment. I liked it and sold the Bell and added some money to get the Cambridge Audio C500 and P500 !! The Marantz CD56 became old and i found an idiot that was wiling to buy it from me for 350EUR for it. So my first HIFI system was completed.

I then heard the Magnepan 1.6 and wanted it badly!! I had no money but a computer worth a ton of cash so i traded in my computer *he needed one for the Magnepan MG1.6. I then sold off my current stereo equipment and got the Pathos from me him used. So now we have a 1.6, Pathos, and Rega 2K !!! Things were starting to look up and i become hoked on High End. About a year later i sold the HT system and added some money and traded up the 1.6 for 3.6^ SEs and left for america. I was there for about a year and got bored as hell and needed a system. So i asked my parents if they want to buy my system, which they did and i got myself *thanks weak dollar a magnepan 3.6, Krell KSA150, Jolida JD3000b and a Audio analouge paganini. A very good system but lacking in certain areas. Long story short i traded in the 3.6 for VMPS RM30 and shortz afterthat went back t germany. The VMPS fit better in my parents living room then the Maggie so they got the VMPS and i got the Maggie. Everyone was happy and i found a restored pair of Apogee Scintillas. The owner had tube amplifiers and the Scintilla is a one ohm speaker and kills amps at sight so we traded. I got the Scintilla to use with my Krell and he got the MG3.6 and huge mistake. The Scintilla is one of the absolut reference speakers in terms of vocals and midrange reality. But it had design problems *the rebuild and i waited fro 14 weeks for a fix. I made friends with a Audiophile who owned big Apogee DIVAS * fully restored and worth over 16K!!! He is a perfectionist *Krells, Jadis, Conrad Johnson, Goldmund etc... and he has a Magnepan MG20, Apogee Duetta and DIVA and liked the romantic sound of the Scintilla so we did a trade. 1K plus the Scintilla for a DIVA. Ofoucrse i took that and i am happy as a fish can be.

I traded the Jolida, Paganini and somthing else * forgot what for the Krell KRC2, Audiolabs 8000 DAC and Drive. I loved it but wanted more warm and faster sound so i traded the KRC2, Audiolabs and KSA150 for the Sphinx Project 2 MkII and PJ18 + the Unison Research Unico CD. Thats my system story so far.

Oh i forgot the Tact RCS2.0 *when i started my audio shop i bought it* but traded it for the Krells too....

Ok so thats my personal system, the VMPS 626 and Ampyilla|s i bought together with my parents for the showroom since we split the cost 50/50. I still live with my parents and i am starting a joint venture company in the financial advice bizz here in augsburg verz soon and hope to find my path in life ..... Well thats my audio/life story.... expet some bumbs along the way

/Flo

PS> I forgot, but i traded the last Onkyo 939 for a Cambridge Audio Azur540R..and i had a Maranty DV4300 DVD player which i later sold

cam
10-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I'll vote after your response, what do you think of my Paradigm Monitor 7 v3's. With an amp of your chose could you handle them for serious 2 channel or would you puke and only beable to handle them in an HT set up. Be honest now!

Florian
10-14-2005, 04:18 PM
I think that the Paradigms are a great speaker for the money. I had a pair of Monitor 5's for a short time in the U.S. driven by a Sony 555ES receiver and enjoyed it a lot. I think they are a great speaker for the money and could live with them, no problem. Yes, i would save my money and buy a even better speaker and upgrade for sure. But i think that this is normal for the hobby and i upgraded from small Infinity RS3 bookshelves too.

-Flo

PS: Consider this, i started 5 years ago and have saved all my money and put it towards the system. I recently bought a 500$ used Analog setup which is in comparison to rest of the system "dirt cheap" but its a start, and i will do the same thing as always. Save money, sell it and upgrade until i am completely satisfied.

cam
10-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Your just sucking up now. Anyways, I've never had a problem with your audio advice and knowledge, your view on politics is always on the harsh side, but you do know your home audio gear.

GMichael
10-14-2005, 05:00 PM
You have helped me many times. I have also seen you help others and I enjoy our chats. But you have, at times, been a little rough with your oppinions with some speakers. You don't always say, "they're not for me" or "I don't like those much." Sometimes you tell them how you feel and forget that they may have feelings about their equipment. I will say that you have been much better about that lately and you have grown. I see how much you have tried not to put people's stuff down. But sometimes you forget. And you have built up a reputation that will be hard for you to overcome. Even when you are being nice, someone will blast you because you blasted him awhile back.
Just keep trying, as you get better, others will see it. But it will take time.

I hope none of this hurts your feelings because that's not what I want. And I did vote "helpful".

GMichael
10-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Oh, and did you notice that I didn't make a single joke on that post?

Florian
10-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Your just sucking up now. Anyways, I've never had a problem with your audio advice and knowledge, your view on politics is always on the harsh side, but you do know your home audio gear.
You asked if i could live with it, and i could. I was honest! Surely it is not the end of the line for me but its a good start. Please reread my first post i added something.

To Michael: Thanks buddy, no hurt feelings.

-Flo

Woochifer
10-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Flo -

This poll is another example of why you JUST DON'T GET IT. Why are you so concerned about how others view you? This is a public forum, there are bound to be people who like you, and others who don't. That's just the way of the world -- not everybody's going to agree with you, not everybody will appreciate you, and not everyone's going to like you.

No one's calling you a rich prick because of what you own and what you prefer. It's your self-righteousness and presumptuousness in assessing OTHER people's preferences and opinions that gets the responses from everybody else. I mean, you harp on RGA for talking up Audio Note all the time, yet you bring Apogee into the discussion with every bit as much fervor and frequency, if not more.

And how often have you accused others of disagreeing with you only because they don't own an expensive system, or because they are jealous, or because they've never heard any better? What does any of that have to do with the merits of those discussions? The weight that you give to those tangental (and irrelevant) considerations is what people consider snobby.

If i dont like a gay boys 10$ speaker that acording to him is better then any home audio speaker, i get describet as a rich snoob. That sucks!

Who's describing you as a "rich snoob" because you don't like a "gay boys 10$ speaker"? Show us an example of someone talking about you in those terms, because the evidence is certainly not on the board, as far as I can see. If you're going to portray yourself as a misunderstood martyr who's getting treated unfairly, at least be truthful with your example.

Spanking VanillaIce is not a "gay boy" who likes cheap speakers, he's a TROLL. If you let someone like him get under your skin, then it's no wonder you constantly get unglued whenever people bad mouth planar speakers. If you have this reference quality system at home, then why keep up the arguments? Just enjoy the damn system and spare yourself the stress. If someone disagrees with your assertions, so freaking what! The more you belabor the point and insist that you're right and everybody that disagrees with you is wrong, the more petty it gets.

Florian
10-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Well for starters we have Geof and Ericl that tell me that they are sick of my

florian, stop being a pompous jackass about your gear. I'm getting tired of your schtick.
Can you guys please show me a post where i tell people that their stuff is ****?

Where am i not helpfull? This is no personality issue and i do get it, i just dont agree with the comments i get!

-Flo

PAT.P
10-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Flo Yes you a better person and are giving advice.At the beginning I had some conflic towards you on some thread but that as change and so did you.Now your working hard on a segment for Planard,Electrostatic in the speaker section .You loss your stripes of being Moderator and still are helping to set it up.This will benefit the ones that are willing to look at the different technology .We are all here to learn and to teach.I dont approved if the Administrator or other Modarators of this site are giving you the Royal Treatment in the bad way.You were punish for your action .Is it double standard higher up.

Geoffcin
10-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Well for starters we have Geof and Ericl that tell me that they are sick of my

Can you guys please show me a post where i tell people that their stuff is ****?

Where am i not helpfull? This is no personality issue and i do get it, i just dont agree with the comments i get!

-Flo

It's not about if your helpful or not, it's not even about you dissing other peoples gear.

People are asking you privately to stop behaving like a "pompous jackass" Of course this was posted to you in a PM, but you chose to post the private message to the public forums. This whole thread is like an exclamation point on what a "pompous jackass" you can act like. It's all about you in your mind. I don't expect you to get it because people with your type of personality defect never do.

Florian
10-14-2005, 06:51 PM
More people understand my frustration than they understand the weak point your trying to make. You are no help to the members at all, and definetly biased.

-Flo

markw
10-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Rather than point out your egocentric "signature" line/billboard, I'll just leave it at that.

Florian
10-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Whats wrong with my signature, its cool to have one. Others write it and i made some graphics.

shokhead
10-16-2005, 07:15 AM
We need to see a picture of you. I think it would make things alot more clear. Come on good look'en.

Woochifer
10-16-2005, 08:42 AM
More people understand my frustration than they understand the weak point your trying to make. You are no help to the members at all, and definetly biased.

-Flo

Oh, and you're oh so UNbiased? Seems like someone's got both an attitude AND perception problem.

Florian
10-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Come on Wooch, dont you have anything constructive? Are you saying i dont help people with all systems? I bash all products regardless what they are? So, i dont like B&W....so what many people don't. Look throug my post, you will barely see me recommend Apogees or Magnepans.

Here is a pic of me..

PS: Standing next to the systems i recommend and actually owned.

http://www.apogeeclub.de/1p.jpghttp://www.apogeeclub.de/divaundich.jpg

Woochifer
10-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Come on Wooch, dont you have anything constructive? Are you saying i dont help people with all systems? I bash all products regardless what they are? So, i dont like B&W....so what many people don't. Look throug my post, you will barely see me recommend Apogees or Magnepans.

Constructive? Is that what you call the attention-grubbing poll that heads up this thread? If pumping up your overblown ego is considered constructive, then I guess I haven't done my part. If you periodically have to make Florian the focus of a thread just to validate yourself on this board, then that alone should say something about how others view your approach (or simply needing to be the center of attention), regardless of how helpful you see yourself.

Once again, your response just shows that you don't have a clue as to why you catch the kind of heat that you do. The defiant attitude shown in your new signature only demonstrates that in your mind, your righteousness and self-annointed expertise permits you to act like an a-hole. And if someone points that out, we're just all jealous and clueless, huh? :rolleyes:

JohnMichael
10-16-2005, 12:10 PM
If I had let first impressions be my guide I would not have learned to enjoy a lot of what you post. You are now one of the five whose posts I always read. I must say I am glad that we have never been at odds.

shokhead
10-16-2005, 12:34 PM
OMG. You look like a nice guy!

Florian
10-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Ya know Michael i think the problem is that some others on this board cant handle a real person. One that agrees with the masses, and buys into the adverts. Look at some of the recommendations, they are : Well that speaker is nice, if you like its cool. I liked this one when i heard it for 2 seconds at the show. I have a opinion and i make myself heard and that takes away the attention from some other longtimers who dont like it.

I made this thread to get a general idea of what most think not the 3 people that i know dont like me. We have one B&W fan who cant stand it that i consider them a sonic joke, then another one who always pleases everyone and a not so neutral moderator. Those are the only 3. If they would have just voted and made a comment this thread it would have been fine. But here we have Wooch who goes on a rampage about my ego and personallity which is 100% wrong and one hardcore B&W fans that always recommends them 100%..and one is missing.

Hey Flo, your biased! = Well duh!

If i had a system like this : Denon 2105, 52" Mitshubishi TV, 5 B&W's 602 and a subwoofer with some DVD player that would praise and recommend them in every thread i would not have a problem. But i am different, recommend rare systems and if i dont like it i will say it. Some cant handle that ;-)

But those who know me, know that i am a very calm, respective person that works hard and is not made of money. Yes my system is expensive, but by far not the end. Its easy to call me a rich snobby bastard because i recommend high prices systems. Well, so what!

:-)

PS: I am a real person on this forum that has a mind of his own and does not follow the crowd. Thats what people hate.

Florian
10-16-2005, 12:43 PM
OMG. You look like a nice guy!
I am very nice and friendly. I just dont like to be judged by the equipment i own.

-Flo

Florian
10-16-2005, 01:13 PM
HAHA, thats funny! Thanks to the moderators for messing with my poll. This shows the great freedom and acceptance that is avaliable at this site.

Just lame

-Flo

shokhead
10-16-2005, 02:47 PM
I am very nice and friendly. I just dont like to be judged by the equipment i own.

-Flo

Maybe its only women judging your equipment. It disapoints them.

Florian
10-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Maybe its only women judging your equipment. It disapoints them.
Snappy comeback!

PAT.P
10-16-2005, 03:09 PM
HAHA, thats funny! Thanks to the moderators for messing with my poll. This shows the great freedom and acceptance that is avaliable at this site.

Just lame

-Flo
Wounder if its the founder of this site doing this?Is he still part of audio review ?

Florian
10-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Wounder if its the founder of this site doing this?Is he still part of audio review ?
I dont know Pat, Geof. told me he is no longer a moderator but his status says differenly. My posts get edited, they took away my possiblity to finish the planar section and suddenly i am getting attacked by the sites long time big guys.

Eric says he will fix a few things on monday, will see whats going to happen. But this site is not free, and noone can fault me for being biased since the owners and moderators are biased eventough they shouldnt be.

-Flo

kexodusc
10-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Gotta ask...what the hell is Fantasy Music?

PAT.P
10-16-2005, 04:22 PM
I dont know Pat, Geof. told me he is no longer a moderator but his status says differenly. My posts get edited, they took away my possiblity to finish the planar section and suddenly i am getting attacked by the sites long time big guys.

Eric says he will fix a few things on monday, will see whats going to happen. But this site is not free, and noone can fault me for being biased since the owners and moderators are biased eventough they shouldnt be.

-FloIf Eric says he'll fix it and does thats great.Hope we could all get along on audio review.Its not like this on Canuck Audio or on the DIY Audio.

Florian
10-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Well Eric and i made up and i hope that he will fix this stuff on monday. I guess that i have to live with the fact that some people just dont like me, and thats fine since i dont like them either.

Fantasy music is my own definition of music like the Oxygen Album, Blade Runner, LOTR soundtrack. Mostly a mix between electronic music and real instruemental.

PAT.P
10-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Well Eric and i made up and i hope that he will fix this stuff on monday. I guess that i have to live with the fact that some people just dont like me, and thats fine since i dont like them either.

Fantasy music is my own definition of music like the Oxygen Album, Blade Runner, LOTR soundtrack. Mostly a mix between electronic music and real instruemental.Glad to hear you guys could settle your difference.Not to much Acid or Extacy with that Fantasy music.

Florian
10-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Glad to hear you guys could settle your difference.Not to much Acid or Extacy with that Fantasy music.
Not to worry, the DIVA takes care of the buzz along with a good frosty german beer :cool:

PAT.P
10-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Not to worry, the DIVA takes care of the buzz along with a good frosty german beer :cool:There is some fine German beer,my spouse likes her Czech beer ,she went there for a month with my son .They do drink lots out there.

Florian
10-16-2005, 05:01 PM
There is some fine German beer,my spouse likes her Czech beer ,she went there for a month with my son .They do drink lots out there. There is some very fine cuisine, wines and beers all over europe. Its great that everything is so close. 2 weeks ago i was in Zurich to visit my friend, it only takes 3 hrs to go to italy and you can take a train trip to France. My friend sells PassLabs, Eggelston Works and Avalon in italy. My friend Brad writes reviews for Positive Feedback and live in switzerland. My other buddy Allen (www.vacuumstate.com (http://www.vacuumstate.com)) moved to switzerland too. Just 3 weeks ago my friend Klaus and i visited our Apogeeclub member Rolf who has a pair of super Duettas with Etalon electronics. And every year we have the High End convention in munich, but unfortunatly its just the typical advertisment stuff. But there was one product that suprised me at the show which was from the Wiener Lautsprecher Manufaktur which ran with Manley electronics. The Tannoy Kingdom was nice too. If they can get the compressed sound away and make it more neutral it would be amongst my favorietes too. Quite nice indeed.

-Flo

PAT.P
10-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Im missing all of Europe ,dont fly.My 8 year old son calls me chicken.He as is own passport ,speaks 3 language .He was pretty spoil this summer ,they had a chauffeur and Embassy car to drive them around.

Florian
10-16-2005, 05:45 PM
That is pretty spoiled :p
How come an embassy car? Are you a politician?

-Flo

PS: You can take a ship ;-)

PAT.P
10-16-2005, 05:59 PM
That is pretty spoiled :p
How come an embassy car? Are you a politician?

-Flo

PS: You can take a ship ;-)My spouse step- mom is Minister of Justice.

Woochifer
10-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Ya know Michael i think the problem is that some others on this board cant handle a real person. One that agrees with the masses, and buys into the adverts. Look at some of the recommendations, they are : Well that speaker is nice, if you like its cool. I liked this one when i heard it for 2 seconds at the show. I have a opinion and i make myself heard and that takes away the attention from some other longtimers who dont like it.

No, the problem is the persistent ramblings from your piehole that your opinions are more valid than anybody else's strictly because of what you own.

I made this thread to get a general idea of what most think not the 3 people that i know dont like me. We have one B&W fan who cant stand it that i consider them a sonic joke, then another one who always pleases everyone and a not so neutral moderator. Those are the only 3. If they would have just voted and made a comment this thread it would have been fine. But here we have Wooch who goes on a rampage about my ego and personallity which is 100% wrong and one hardcore B&W fans that always recommends them 100%..and one is missing.

No, you made this thread to once again put yourself at the center of attention, just as you did with your infamous "I hearby quit" thread. The issue has never been about your opinions and preferences, it's in your blowhard presumptions about the value of other people's opinions that might not agree with your perspective.

If i had a system like this : Denon 2105, 52" Mitshubishi TV, 5 B&W's 602 and a subwoofer with some DVD player that would praise and recommend them in every thread i would not have a problem. But i am different, recommend rare systems and if i dont like it i will say it. Some cant handle that ;-)

But, you don't own a system like that, so stop presuming that you can put yourself into the mindset of someone who does own that kind of system. You've demonstrated time and time again an inability to separate yourself from your ingrained presumptions about the listening preferences of others.

But those who know me, know that i am a very calm, respective person that works hard and is not made of money. Yes my system is expensive, but by far not the end. Its easy to call me a rich snobby bastard because i recommend high prices systems. Well, so what!

You're right, I don't know you as a person, but I do see what you post on this board. If you're so calm and respectful, you would never have to delete and edit your posts, nor apologize to anyone for going overboard, nor respond to disagreements by taking cheap shots at what other people own. Right, you've NEVER had to do any of those things before, have you?

PS: I am a real person on this forum that has a mind of his own and does not follow the crowd. Thats what people hate.

Like I said, you just don't get it, and from the looks of things, never will. Feel free to believe your own egocentric version of reality. Those of us who read the things you've posted can draw our own conclusions over what a "real person" would say, and what someone with delusions of grandeur would say.

PAT.P
10-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Woochifer Are you looking in going to the steel cage?

Florian
10-17-2005, 02:57 AM
Well he can go there alone. Like i said, Wooch doesnt know me, and his recommendations are based on his opinions too which are no more valid or invalid as mine.

-Flo

topspeed
10-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Wow. What an amazing waste of bandwidth.

Florian
10-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Wow. What an amazing waste of bandwidth.
True, you should quit yapping and set a fine example by never replying.

-Flo

topspeed
10-17-2005, 12:38 PM
-Flo
You're right, I try not to feed the trolls. However, that would mean you're a troll, which you're not.

You're just a mind-numbing egomaniac.

JoeE SP9
10-17-2005, 04:11 PM

-FloMost of the popular music you listen to is heavily influenced by or a direct rip of off black music. That arrogance you display when discussing equipment apparantly extends to other parts of your personality. You don't like black music; then you don't like most of todays popular and rock music of which 90+% is either black oriented, black influenced or blues based which is black music anyway. I am surprised. I was inclined to be on your side especially when concerning the better sound of better equipment. Just what do you mean when you say "black music"? Since all musical notation is written in black, by definition all music is black. You sound like a closet bigot. I hope that I am wrong in that asessment. That sort of stupidity was supposed to be restricted to some of the more extreme rednecks (KKK) of the American south and Nazi's. You are not from one of the southern states of America. Please explain what you mean when you say you don't like "black" music.

Geoffcin
10-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Most of the popular music you listen to is heavily influenced or a direct rip of off black music. Please explain what you mean when you say you don't like "black" music.

I'm assuming that he thinks "rap/hip-hop" music is "black music" but this is also a big mistake on his part. In any case he comes off as very bigoted. A very poor choice of words indeed.

Geoffcin
10-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Gotta ask...what the hell is Fantasy Music?

Music for guys with big speakers and hairy palms....

kexodusc
10-18-2005, 03:14 AM
Music for guys with big speakers and hairy palms....
Bwa ha ha....
Seriously thogh, that's just an old myth...uhhh, right?

PAT.P
10-18-2005, 05:35 AM
Music for guys with big speakers and hairy palms....So I guess there lots of you's guys by experience know this?Dont forget to wash your face,brush your hair and comb your palms. :D

JohnMichael
10-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Bwa ha ha....
Seriously thogh, that's just an old myth...uhhh, right?

Every time I check it's still a myth. It does not cause blindness either unless you are doing something very wrong.

kexodusc
10-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Every time I check it's still a myth. It does not cause blindness either unless you are doing something very wrong.
I don't even want to speculate the origins of that one...

GMichael
10-18-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't even want to speculate the origins of that one...

Carefull where you aim that thing.

PAT.P
10-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Every time I check it's still a myth. It does not cause blindness either unless you are doing something very wrong.Must be lots of people out there with Braille keyboard :D

JohnMichael
10-18-2005, 01:51 PM
I might be better off not asking this question but like other famous feuds (for example the Hatfields and McCoys) how long have Florian and RGA been feuding? I am fairly new to audioreview and was wondering if I had missed just months or years of bad blood.

Resident Loser
10-19-2005, 05:15 AM
...how long have Florian and RGA been feuding?

...months...or at least since Flo materialized as Flo...Was he another entity previously?

RGA(who has been around for a few years) seems to be a big fan of AN products and has "gotten into it" with others. He just likes his gear I'd guess.

Archduke Flo dumps on most stuff as he considers it "inferior" due to his refined sensibilities and impeccable taste...Early on he b!tched and moaned re: the lack of discussion of high-end(read: expen$ive) toys and "threatened" to leave the site...My advice: don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...he simply needs an attitude adjustment and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

jimHJJ(...ooo...look at mien big schpeakers, aren't you dummkophs in awe?...a juvenile mid-life crisis?...)

GMichael
10-19-2005, 05:24 AM
...months...or at least since Flo materialized as Flo...Was he another entity previously?

RGA(who has been around for a few years) seems to be a big fan of AN products and has "gotten into it" with others. He just likes his gear I'd guess.

Archduke Flo dumps on most stuff as he considers it "inferior" due to his refined sensibilities and impeccable taste...Early on he b!tched and moaned re: the lack of discussion of high-end(read: expen$ive) toys and "threatened" to leave the site...My advice: don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...he simply needs an attitude adjustment and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

jimHJJ(...ooo...look at mien big schpeakers, aren't you dummkophs in awe?...a juvenile mid-life crisis?...)

Flo used to be Mr.megnepan, or something like that. They have been at it for a bit now. Not sure how long. Flo is a good guy. He just takes things a little seriously sometimes. He's been working on it and getting better. Sometimes he slips up, and sometimes others push him hard. Maybe because of words they have had in the past. Either way, I hope they both stay. They both have more knowledge about audio than I do and I learn from them. They also have diverse & cool personalities.

PAT.P
10-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Flo used to be Mr.megnepan, or something like that. They have been at it for a bit now. Not sure how long. Flo is a good guy. He just takes things a little seriously sometimes. He's been working on it and getting better. Sometimes he slips up, and sometimes others push him hard. Maybe because of words they have had in the past. Either way, I hope they both stay. They both have more knowledge about audio than I do and I learn from them. They also have diverse & cool personalities.
I agree with you all the way GMicheal .Dont think will see Flo to much in the future .Is busy with is site .By the way he was doing a good cause for audio review ,he set up site for Planard,Electostatic and DIY manufacturer for these.Wonder who is going to help in this section if Flo not here.He has alot of knowledge in this part of the forum.

GMichael
10-19-2005, 10:29 AM
I agree with you all the way GMicheal .Dont think will see Flo to much in the future .Is busy with is site .By the way he was doing a good cause for audio review ,he set up site for Planard,Electostatic and DIY manufacturer for these.Wonder who is going to help in this section if Flo not here.He has alot of knowledge in this part of the forum.

He was doing a great job of it. It was coming around fast. Not sure what happened with the edit function. It sure blew up fast though. I hope that everyone cools down and it gets worked out. He has a lot to offer. Knowledge, personality and fireworks.

JohnMichael
10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
He was doing a great job of it. It was coming around fast. Not sure what happened with the edit function. It sure blew up fast though. I hope that everyone cools down and it gets worked out. He has a lot to offer. Knowledge, personality and fireworks.

He has a high entertainment factor for some of us. I was glad to see RGA posting again. Of course now I don't see Flo. You don't suppose..............

GMichael
10-19-2005, 01:52 PM
He has a high entertainment factor for some of us. I was glad to see RGA posting again. Of course now I don't see Flo. You don't suppose..............

I never suppose. But I hope your wrong. Maybe he's just busy with his site and we'll see him again soon.

PAT.P
10-21-2005, 11:19 AM
I never suppose. But I hope your wrong. Maybe he's just busy with his site and we'll see him again soon.By the way it looks know ,I dont think will see him for a while.He did sent me a PM .I did learn from him.Who said you cant show a old dog a new trick?

GMichael
10-21-2005, 11:36 AM
By the way it looks know ,I dont think will see him for a while.He did sent me a PM .I did learn from him.Who said you cant show a old dog a new trick?

I hope his PM was not a "so long and thanks for all the fish" note.

I thought the saying was, "you can't feed a dog old ticks."

JoeE SP9
10-21-2005, 11:47 PM
I wonder if it was something I said? I did ask him a question. http://forums.audioreview.com/images/icons/icon6.gif