AudioInfinity
10-14-2005, 02:31 PM
When did the site format change?

AudioInfinity
10-16-2005, 05:56 PM
When did the site format change?

ericl
10-17-2005, 02:21 PM
what format are you referring to? i've changed the color scheme a bit but that is all.

topspeed
10-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Maybe the poster is talking about the change-over from the old AR (archives)? How long has it been since you've been here AI? This has been the format for at least a couple of years.

mark k
02-17-2006, 02:23 PM
what format are you referring to? i've changed the color scheme a bit but that is all.

changed the color scheme "a bit"?! No offense, but this HAS to be the worst change I've ever seen! The text and backgrounds are so close in color that it's EXTREMELY difficult to read! I don't think it could be my monitor, though I guess there's that micro-chance. I haven't been to this site in a while, but boy did I notice the change immediately!

Any chance to make the text/background colors contrast way more? I've loved this site for many, many years and refer to it regularly. I really miss the classic look!!!!

Thanks!

GMichael
02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Any chance to make the text/background colors contrast way more?

Thanks!

More than black letters on a white background? Huh?

kexodusc
02-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah, wtf are these guys talking about? I haven't noticed a change in a looooong time...nothing dramatic, anyway.
It's been like this more or less since at least 2004, I think maybe 2003?

cam
02-17-2006, 07:00 PM
This place needs more colour. Don't get me wrong, I always check this site out first and then check elsewhere. I do enjoy reading threads at AR (even though on a daily basis not much goes on compared to AA and AVS Forum) but this is where I started so I'm here to stay.

The look of http://www.avsforum.com/
is just way more interesting, to my eyes anyway.

Hey ericl, get off your lazy administrative a$$ and give this site some pizzaz. Some more colours would be nice. Black on white is easy to read for 100% of the population, but is very boring.

Open up a poll of some possible graphic changes to see if any can be accepted. But just don't change the way the letters are displayed. I think the correct word is the font. Don't screw with the font which I do believe you did when you made your initial splash as the new administrator. I do apologize if it wasn't you. It might have been your predecessor Chris.

Now get to it.............................I mean, Mr Administrator, Sir.

mark k
02-17-2006, 10:45 PM
More than black letters on a white background? Huh?
TOO WEIRD! I'm at home on my personal laptop, and the site looks the one I know and love. Looks like my work monitor just might be f***ed up - the colors were completely different, like grey text on a blueish background! I'll have to do a "print screen" to back up my original post - I swear it was hard to read...

Please accept my apologies - don't change a thing!

BTW, some reviews I look up seem to have double listings. Like there's two for "Monster Cable" - the extra one has only "MP3 Players" as a subheading. Is there someone I can email with suggestions to combine? Or add a new product such as Wharfedale Emerald 99's? People have put their reviews under the Emerald 97 heading...

Thanks!

Flibustier
02-18-2006, 05:22 AM
I've got the same problem, but it occurs only in Firefox (1.5).
In IE the colours are normal.