B&W receives EISA Awards [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : B&W receives EISA Awards

Geoffcin
10-14-2005, 05:04 AM
Official quote from EISA:

"A diamond is forever, so the saying goes. And B&W has good cause to believe its new reference speaker range,named after the famous gem, will stand the test of time. The heart of this design is an all-new 25mm pure-diamond dome tweeter, whose superlative physical properties eliminate almost all the inherent problems of alternative hard-dome materials.In the 803D the diamond tweeter joins a trademark B&W Kevlar midrange unit, and three 180mm woofers featuring stiff, light Rohacell. The sound - a beguiling combination of full-bodied lows, warm midrange and smooth treble marks a welcome departure from the traditional B&W approach."

*EISA is the largest editorial multimedia organisation in Europe, with a membership of 52 Audio, Mobile Electronics, Video and Photo magazines drawn from 18 European countries

topspeed
10-14-2005, 09:24 AM
They should list their sponsors and advertisers too. A great shame for europe, there are soo many good products out there and they fall for it.

.Flo
Yeah, what would they know. They're just hundreds of industry pundits that do this for a living. But if they don't agree with the almighty Flo, it must be bunk :rolleyes:

As hard as it appears to be, try to temper your bias, willya?? As the saying goes, if you can't say anything nice...

FWIW, B&W emailed me this little tidbit yesterday. I read it. I deleted it. The only part that caught my eye was the hint that B&W may have changed their voicing with the D line, which I find interesting. No amount of awards for any speaker maker should replace good 'ol listening and personal preference.

kexodusc
10-14-2005, 10:43 AM
I think it's time we had your brand of "I own the best" dialog banned from this website. From now on if your not posting on topic your going to have your posts removed.

Oh sweet Lord, there is a God and his Geoffcin...

Geoffcin
10-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Actually, I kinda regret writing those things. Florian has as much right as anyone here to express his views. It's HOW he expresses those views that irks me sometimes

GMichael
10-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Actually, I kinda regret writing those things. Florian has as much right as anyone here to express his views. It's HOW he expresses those views that irks me sometimes

I know that he gets a little carried away sometimes but I like chatting with Flo.

Florian
10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks for erasing my post, its great to be in a free for all forum.

-Flo