Any thoughts on these amplifers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on these amplifers?

jake01
10-13-2005, 03:16 PM
I have four amplifiers. What are your thoughts on each one. Want to get ride of some of them. Any thoughts anyone may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for everything.

Technics SA-300

Lafayette LR-310A

Lafayette LR-500 TA/B

Realistic STA-52B

All are in excellent shape and in working order.

Any thoughts.

Thanks
Jake

Laneyflower
10-28-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm pretty sure Realistic became Tandy or vice verca. My vintage Tandy telephone is still going strong after at least 20 years, a lot of their stuff was well made and high tech in it's time!

squeegy200
11-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Im not familiar with your equipment. But I've sold a few items of that same era.

What I do is search eBay for those items. By doing this, It will help me to determine the desirability and value of my items. Then if its worth it to me, I'll sell it with hopes of obtaining equal or greater value.

On that same note: There is some collectability to many old Technics equipment. If your amplifier is a popular item, you may be in good position to sell it and reap a nice return.

good luck.

pete the bully
11-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Jake, those are all bottom- to mid-level at best within their respective model series. The Technics' is probably the best of your lot.
I would try to sell the others and keep the Technics' until you can save some schekels for a new vintage receiver a bit higher up on the food chain.