Hey Finch...& anyone who wanted a copy of Ken Hensley [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Finch...& anyone who wanted a copy of Ken Hensley

Hyfi
01-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Finch, I can't thank you enough. Your post on Hensly got my wheels spinning. When you offered it up on cassette, I could help but say Hmmmm! I have been wanting to rip all my old tapes of albums and burn them. I was not sure how but just found out. Pretty simple except for getting my tape deck out of the rack with one arm. Oh well, 1 and a half.

Anyway, while digging thru my boxes of tapes to pick one to rip, I came across my Ken Hensley on the B side of Blizzard Of Oz. So it's the first tape I am copying. If you would like one and anyone else, let me know.

Party on peoples and have a nice weekend!

Hyfi

DarrenH
01-09-2004, 12:19 PM
I would certainly be interested.

Not sure if Finch was gonna send that cassette to you or I, he never said, but if you're gonna burn it to CD I would love a copy.

Tia and if you need my home addy, lmk.

Darren

PS. I got a new e-addy so don't use whatever you may have on file.

tullmanATcharterDOTnet

Finch Platte
01-10-2004, 04:47 AM
Let me get this straight. You're going to burn a CD from a cassette?

And I'm going to record onto cassette from a record.

Which is worse? :D

I can tell you right now that smack dab in the middle of the song Rain, there's a booger on the record that I can't scrape off. Makes for an annoying couple of POPS , I'll tell you.

What to do.

How 'bout if I send you the cassette of the record and you burn it to disc? ;)

fp

Hyfi
01-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Let me get this straight. You're going to burn a CD from a cassette?

And I'm going to record onto cassette from a record.

Which is worse? :D
I can tell you right now that smack dab in the middle of the song Rain, there's a booger on the record that I can't scrape off. Makes for an annoying couple of POPS , I'll tell you.
What to do.
How 'bout if I send you the cassette of the record and you burn it to disc? ;)
fp

It's too easy. $6.99 adapter at Rat Shack. PN 274-883

You should be able to do the same thing with your TT. My tape is from the old album and still has more emotion than todays CDs. I'll bet listeneng right from LP is wonderous.

Darren, you got it also.

So here I go, ripping one song at a time thru 100 or so cassettes of old albums. Yeah, like I have the time to do this. Thanks Finch.

Finch Platte
01-10-2004, 06:41 AM
It's too easy. $6.99 adapter at Rat Shack. PN 274-883

What's the adapter for? You were a little unclear (or as we dislexix say, 'nuclear') on that.

fp

Hyfi
01-10-2004, 09:51 AM
What's the adapter for? You were a little unclear (or as we dislexix say, 'nuclear') on that.

fp

The adapter is a 1/8 mini stereo to stereo 1/4 rca

Plug your left and right interconnects into it and plug the little end into your "Line In" of the sound card. Then with your software, TDK Mixmaster, Nero Wave editor, Goldwave that JC suggested ect. This is working great. I just did a bunch of Sabbath and with the Wave Editor I am Normalizing -10db so it's not too loud.

Give it a try and you can have a whole new collection on CD.

Finch Platte
06-23-2014, 08:13 AM
Gonna play this in a bit. I'm on a Uriah Heep kick these days, anyone have the new one, Outsider?

Hyfi
06-23-2014, 08:17 AM
Gonna play this in a bit. I'm on a Uriah Heep kick these days, anyone have the new one?

I did not know there was a new one, but just put the Proud Words CD in the carry case for vacation next week. Great old stuff.

Finch Platte
06-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I did not know there was a new one, but just put the Proud Words CD in the carry case for vacation next week. Great old stuff.

So freaking simple in parts, but just so damn catchy!

Enjoy that vacation, you deserve it.

Did you ever get to hear UH's Wake The Sleeper from 2008? Awesome disc. Wish I could say the same about 2011's Into The Wild. Pee ewe!

Hyfi
06-23-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm still listening to some of the last 3 sets of disks you sent. So much good stuff in there.

Hey, DysFUNKtional is a great catchy tune, but when I looked up the band on Youtube all I found was Demonic Rock. Same band or am I missing something? Do they have any other tunes like that one?

Finch Platte
06-23-2014, 08:57 AM
I'm still listening to some of the last 3 sets of disks you sent. So much good stuff in there.

Hey, DysFUNKtional is a great catchy tune, but when I looked up the band on Youtube all I found was Demonic Rock. Same band or am I missing something? Do they have any other tunes like that one?

You looked up Antsy McClain & The Trailer Park Troubadours and got 'demonic rock'? Weird.

What do you mean, like that one?

Hyfi
06-23-2014, 09:03 AM
You looked up Antsy McClain & The Trailer Park Troubadours and got 'demonic rock'? Weird.

What do you mean, like that one?

No I must have misread the track list and looked up One Flesh. Let me redo my search. I knew I missed something.

Finch Platte
06-23-2014, 09:10 AM
No I must have misread the track list and looked up One Flesh. Let me redo my search. I knew I missed something.

Antsy McClain is awesome, if that's the band you're looking for. Best, funny lyrics I've heard. Kinda like a better recorded Southern Culture On The Skids. I have New Good Old Days and Trailercana. Looking for more.

They're actually playing near me soon. I'd be an idiot not to go.

Finch Platte
06-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Don't miss Antsy's lyrics to 'Ron Howard's Brother'.

:D

Hyfi
06-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Don't miss Antsy's lyrics to 'Ron Howard's Brother'.

:D

Just had a listen, good stuff.

Finch Platte
06-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Lol, over 450 views. Them were the days.