Where to purchase PC Products? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase PC Products?

Richie_Rich
11-17-2003, 03:13 AM
I am looking into purchasing a nice flat screen monitor for my PC but am a little short of knowledge when it comes to online shopping.
Could anybody recommend anywhere that is both reasonable on price and has a reliable service in the UK?

Chris
11-18-2003, 08:26 AM
I am looking into purchasing a nice flat screen monitor for my PC but am a little short of knowledge when it comes to online shopping.
Could anybody recommend anywhere that is both reasonable on price and has a reliable service in the UK?
I'd suggest one of these fine retailers:
http://www.computingreview.com/hotdealscrx.aspx

:)

This Guy
11-18-2003, 03:12 PM
Tigerdirect.com is pretty good

Richie_Rich
11-20-2003, 07:38 AM
Has anybody ever used www.dabs.com?

They used to get quite a lot of bad press for poor customer service so I'm wondering whether they have got their act together.

They have recently launched a new website and it looks pretty good but I dont want to use them if they still have issues.

Richie_Rich
12-08-2003, 06:07 AM
I have just come across what I consider to be a bargain and was just wondering if anybody here has one or knows if the price is right?

It is a Sony Viao SDM-S81B 18.1" TFT LCD Black and they are asking £457.07 inc VAT.

Any thoughts on this product are most welcome and much appreciated!

Worf101
12-08-2003, 07:22 AM
Newegg.com

Da Worfster

Richie_Rich
12-09-2003, 03:26 AM
Newegg.com

Da Worfster

Cool site..........Nice One Bruv!

bobsticks
01-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey Rich-n-Texas, who knew that you'd been hangin' around here for so long under the guise of a different and more accurate moniker?

You've come a long way, baby.

---sticks

Rich-n-Texas
01-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey Rich-n-Texas, who knew that you'd been hangin' around here for so long under the guise of a different and more accurate moniker?

You've come a long way, baby.

---sticks
It's not me!!! :mad5: :incazzato: :mad2:

RoadRunner6
01-01-2009, 04:08 PM
WWW.dabs.com has a poor rating on the Resellers site, 64 ratings, see link:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dabs_Direct_Online

NewEgg has an excellent rating. I have been very pleased with my purchases from them.

RR6

bobsticks
01-01-2009, 05:18 PM
WWW.dabs.com has a poor rating on the Resellers site, 64 ratings, see link:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dabs_Direct_Online

NewEgg has an excellent rating. I have been very pleased with my purchases from them.

RR6

Hopefully, by this time, the OP has already found a suitable monitor.

On his behaf, though, I thank you.

RoadRunner6
01-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Wow, did I get sucked into that one! (it's only 5 years old FCS ... :rolleyes5: )

Worf101
01-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Me three RR. I was just about to say "NewEgg" again when I noticed the date of the OP. Wow, time does fly, don't it?

Da Worfster

Groundbeef
01-02-2009, 09:06 AM
If you notice Worf, it was brought back from the dead by none other than our time-traveling friend BobbyStix. He used his witch like powers to troll for old threads, and bring them into the present.

Next up, a titilating discussion about cassette vs. 8 Track players in cars.

Worf101
01-02-2009, 09:09 AM
If you notice Worf, it was brought back from the dead by none other than our time-traveling friend BobbyStix. He used his witch like powers to troll for old threads, and bring them into the present.

Next up, a titilating discussion about cassette vs. 8 Track players in cars.
Diabolical Witchcraftery...... (whispered)..... he IS a witch!!!!!

But since we're going Back in Time, can you take me back to my High School Prom? There was a hint I failed to pick up on at the time and if'n I goes back I can save myself a lifetime of "iffa, woulda, coulda's".

Da Worfster

bobsticks
01-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Diabolical Witchcraftery...... (whispered)..... he IS a witch!!!!!

But since we're going Back in Time, can you take me back to my High School Prom? There was a hint I failed to pick up on at the time and if'n I goes back I can save myself a lifetime of "iffa, woulda, coulda's".

Da Worfster

Hey!!...that's enough o' that...on all counts.