Need your opinion on dali concept 8 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion on dali concept 8

mistercookie
10-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Hello.

I am new to forum. I am looking to purchase a surround receiver and and a pair of front floorstanders.

My shortlist are the JM Focal Lab chorus 714 s and
Dali Concept 8. I havent had a chance to listen to either yet.

My receiver shortlist are the onkyo sr602 and denon avr 2105.

Just wondering if anyone out there owns a pair of or have listen to the Dalis and have an opinion on them. Coz, I cant find any reviews of them, whether user or journal. Except for one at audioreview.com

And for some reason WHat Hifi magazine makes no mention of the dali 8.

Florian
10-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Hello and welcome to audioreview!

The Denon 2105 is a very good machine for the money and even comes with a calibration unit which is very helpfull. I can recomend that unit too. I have heard the Dali MS5 and the Dali Megaline. The finishes on all DALI models (i have seen and briefly heard them all since i know the biggest dealer in germany personally) are very good and a terrific bargain. Sometimes the bass can be a little bit boomy, so the room plays a important role.

-Flo

cgII
10-12-2005, 06:58 AM
I have chorus 707S speakers, and enjoy them quite a lot. Have a look at my review :

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/bookshelf-speakers/jmlab/PRD_326436_4290crx.aspx

Hope that helps,

Chris

EDIT!: I think Dali are replacing the concept line with the IKON line, but not sure. IKON line has received great reviews up until now (What-HIFI) but I havn't tried them.

mistercookie
10-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Thanks guys. I went and bought the onkyo and the dalis anyway. Still waiting for the dalis to be delivered and still waiting for quality cables for the receiver.