McINTOSH LS320 SPEAKERS [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : McINTOSH LS320 SPEAKERS

alcamaya
10-08-2005, 03:29 PM
calling on anyone who has knowledge and had the chance to auditioned these speakers.
I have been looking for any reviews on these, but nobody seems to own these. They retail for about $2,200.00 and yet they are not popular at all...... :confused:

Florian
10-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Norbert in Augsburg carries McIntosh equipment. He also carrys other good speakers like Martin Logan, JmLab and some Einstein gear. Personally i would trust everythig from McIntosh, and dont worry about whats avaliable or popular these usually have little saying. And stay away from brands that simply copy others. McIntosh is unique and has a general warm, lush and full sounding character. Are you interested in these? Can you listen to them or try them at home? What electronics do you want to use?

-Flo

alcamaya
10-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Norbert in Augsburg carries McIntosh equipment. He also carrys other good speakers like Martin Logan, JmLab and some Einstein gear. Personally i would trust everythig from McIntosh, and dont worry about whats avaliable or popular these usually have little saying. And stay away from brands that simply copy others. McIntosh is unique and has a general warm, lush and full sounding character. Are you interested in these? Can you listen to them or try them at home? What electronics do you want to use?

-Flo

Unfortunately, I can't listen to them at home with my gear. I actually listened to them briefly at Stereo exchange in New York and I liked what I heard , the response is amazing. But then again, the speakers were driven by a McIntosh amp and controlled by a McIntosh preamp. These speakers are rated at 4 ohms and I am wondering if they would actually sound the same with my Rotel gear.

drseid
10-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately, I can't listen to them at home with my gear. I actually listened to them briefly at Stereo exchange in New York and I liked what I heard , the response is amazing. But then again, the speakers were driven by a McIntosh amp and controlled by a McIntosh preamp. These speakers are rated at 4 ohms and I am wondering if they would actually sound the same with my Rotel gear.
I haven't heard that model, but the XRT-28s from McIntosh were some of the best speakers I have heard for anywhere near "sane" money to date. If these have even half of the quality sound I heard with the 28s then I would be happy... Of course those were also auditioned with McIntosh electronics...

---Dave

Florian
10-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Well the Rotel while being good is still a notch below the McIntoshs. But don't worry, and go for them. You can always upgrade electronics later. My speaker shows off all equipment there is. They still improve after the 45K Krells we put on them :eek: I wish i had that much money, but oh well.

Anyways, if you like the Macs go ahead and buy them. Its save to buy a Mac, just give them a nice setup, good acoustics and upgrade the gear later.

-Flo