Sony STRDA3000ES A/V Receiver - Crackling [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sony STRDA3000ES A/V Receiver - Crackling

Patriarca
10-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey all,
I'm new here. I checked the previous threads and didn't seem to find anything on this, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Here's the problem:
I'm pretty sure everything is set up correctly, and everything checks out ok (ohms, wattage, etc.) but the optical coaxial TV/SAT input has loud crackling and static intermittantly coming out of the speakers. When this happens, the only way to get it to stop is to adjust the input mode until it goes through all the input options and finally getting back to the optical coaxial setting again. And sometimes it takes three or four cycles of doing this before the problem is corrected. Additionally, sometimes the static will go away at this point, but the subwoofer seems to be receiving and putting out a signal that is not uniform with the sount onput from the cable box. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? I know there has been some issues with these receivers, but I'm not sure that this is the same sort of deal. I'm pulling my hair out on this one. Anyone have any advice? It's greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading.

Andrew

PAT.P
10-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Patriarca You might get answer if none here at www.agoraquest.com mainly forum for Sony. Pat

ed mam
10-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Rceiver is known for this problem, when they work they are very good.
my solution eas to return and buy another brand\.ed