So Les what you listening to these days? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So Les what you listening to these days?

Mike
11-17-2003, 02:07 AM
For me it's Super Furry Animals, Bowies latest, The Strokes, Kings of Leon and Martina Topley Bird. I've just finished my year end comp so I'll send one up North your way and see what you think.

Cheers
Mike

Les
11-17-2003, 05:28 AM
Hi Mike,

How are you mate.

Still lurking a lot myself but pressures of work mean that I don't post as regularly as I'd like.

Bit of a mixed bag for me recently. On the oldie side I've been picking up earlier Metallica stuff like Garage Inc which I think is superb and having seen both Keith Emerson and Carl Palmer 'live' recently have been revisiting the old 'prog' stuff.

On newer stuff I've seen you talking about Electric Soft Parade which I have and I just bought Cooper Temple latest at the weekend which I think is very good. I have Kings of Leon which I thought was over-rated but passable and I'm getting in to the new Travis album which initially I thought was OK but it's now growing on me.

You may have seen the review of Peter Gabriel's 'Growing Up' DVD I did the other week, Virgin were selling it for £14.99 - it is absolutely brilliant -I know you like some of his stuff - incidentally he will be touring the UK again next year so keep your eyes peeled.

Still doing the gig round. Aside from Emerson & Palmer I've seen a number of bands including The Darkness recently and surprise surprise we're off to see Paul Carrack at the Lowry in Manchester this weekend. You mentioned Bowie, I saw his recent tour in Milan a few weeks ago and David Sylvian in Florence :cool:

Anne & I had an Italian holiday in early October and toured from Milan, Venice, Florence & Rome and managed to pick up tickets for the gigs whilst we were there. Have to admit the Bowie album is not my cup of tea and although his performance was excellent technically from a musical perspective it just featured far too much of his 'modern' stuff.

Ah well, lunch over, back to the grindstone :(