Genesis reunion [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Genesis reunion

3-LockBox
10-05-2005, 06:51 PM
There is a post over on Progressive Ears that states that there is a reunion in the works with all five original members...is this a hoax or has anyone else heard of such...just wondering

BTW: a lot of posters over there are taking the post with a grain of salt.

BarryL
10-06-2005, 04:53 AM
There is a post over on Progressive Ears that states that there is a reunion in the works with all five original members...is this a hoax or has anyone else heard of such...just wondering

BTW: a lot of posters over there are taking the post with a grain of salt.

I don't know if it's a hoax or not, but I don't see how Gabriel has been making any big money in the last two decades. A big stadium tour would net the boys multi-millions for their retirement years and rejuvenate back catalogue CD sales. You'd have to figure that they have the same audience as Yes, perhaps bigger because of Collins.

MasterCylinder
10-06-2005, 04:59 AM
These reunions are successful mainly because Yes, Genesis, the Stones, and a host of others from the 60's, 70's time-frame simply made better music than most of the current and popular acts out on the road today.

There are, of course, exceptions but, for the most part, many of todays musicians don't take risks; they produce music in a formula prescribed by the record companies.

In addition, (c)rap cannot compete with good music.

Dusty Chalk
10-06-2005, 07:13 AM
I don't know if it's a hoax or not, but I don't see how Gabriel has been making any big money in the last two decades.Actually, he's doing quite well with Real World Studios, recording label, publishing house and etc. So if he did it, he would be doing it for nostalgia's sake. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

shokhead
10-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Never much of a fan and so burnt out on collins that it doesnt matter.

N. Abstentia
10-06-2005, 09:28 AM
I'd be happy with just the Genesis SACD's that were supposed to be out over a year ago..

Troy
10-06-2005, 01:07 PM
It can never live up to expectations.They have 2 distinct audiences (the 70s prog band and the 80s pop band). Which one will they serve?

Genesis was popular after Gabriel left. Does that mean they will be performing all the big 80s stuff? Where does that leave PG . . . AND Hackett?

I'd settle for some concert footage from the 70s being cleaned up and finally released on DVD.