New Franz Ferdinand? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Franz Ferdinand?

Mr MidFi
10-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Anyone? Just curious...

Jim Clark
10-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Anyone? Just curious...

I was hoping you'd tell me.

jc

Monkey Bones
10-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Second verse, same as the first ...

I'm Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before ...

Hasn't everyone been saying that it's pretty much the same as the first? Some people like it more some less. A couple new versions of "Take Me Out", I guess. Can't say I'm too intrigued at this stage, although I did really like that first one (and had to endure a bit of kidding as well because I did like it so much). But that seems like a long time ago and many many post punk disco dance records have since joined the party, and my dance card is kind of full already this year after just getting that Javelins record. If you haven't heard the Bloc Party, I'd probably advise that one first. But like I said, I havent heard the new FF so it's all relative. Stoney will buy it soon enough. Just wait for him to report. :)

tentoze
10-05-2005, 01:32 PM
I've only seen a vid clip of part of one song, and I thought it was very silly music, but I had no use for the first one either.

Monkey Bones
10-05-2005, 01:45 PM
I've only seen a vid clip of part of one song, and I thought it was very silly music, but I had no use for the first one either.
Old curmudgeon geezer fart.

tentoze
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Old curmudgeon geezer fart.
That's Mister old curmudgeon geezer fart to you.

;)

And BTW, it was not only silly, but silly, hackneyed, and very disposable. The British press are probably soiling themselves to build this year's (or this week's) bandwagon for the hipsters to pile on.

Monkey Bones
10-05-2005, 02:55 PM
The British press are probably soiling themselves to build this year's (or this week's) bandwagon for the hipsters to pile on.
You're just jealous because no one wants to pile on your creaky old broken down cart anymore, ya old cranky curmudgeon geezer fart.

Mike
10-06-2005, 01:32 AM
I've got an mp3 copy I've tried and I think it's safe to say if you liked the first you'll like this too, it's the same upbeat (maybe even a little more so) stop-start formula.

Doesn't do much for me like Davey says there's a lot of very similar dance inspired bands out there now and some like Bloc Party or Maximo Park do it better for me. But hey seems like me and 99% of the world disagreed on the last one so what do I know.

Cheers
Mike

Dusty Chalk
10-06-2005, 07:07 AM
I agree that it's "pop" music, but...it's still an art form to create catchy hooks 'n' stuff. Which they do successfully, IMHO.