Mr MidFi
10-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Here's where I read it:

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0510041.html

ForeverAutumn
10-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Here's where I read it:

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0510041.html

So, if anyone here, like, wanted to, like, buy me a Christmas present, this would be a good one. And in case you, like, already have my Christmas present, remember that my birthday is only a couple of weeks later. ;)

Mr MidFi
10-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Don't you and I share the same birthday, January 5?

Lousy day for a birthday, too. Everyone's gifted-out from Xmas, partied-out from New Years, weather sucks. At least you know your brother will get you something cool...

ForeverAutumn
10-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Don't you and I share the same birthday, January 5?

Lousy day for a birthday, too. Everyone's gifted-out from Xmas, partied-out from New Years, weather sucks. At least you know your brother will get you something cool...

Right you are. You, me and Mr. Slosh.

The secret to good birthday gifts is to convince people that they should spend the same amount of money on you as they would spend if your birthday were in, say, July...but wait for the great after-Xmas sales to shop. Sometimes a little bit of guilt can help too. "I hate having my birthday so close to Christmas. It sucks. Why did I have to be born at all?".

You can turn the lousy timing to your advantage if you play your cards right. ;)

BarryL
10-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Why did I have to be born at all?".

And you know that Pink Floyd isn't good for you. You'll poke somebody's eye out.

Mr MidFi
10-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Right you are. You, me and Mr. Slosh.

Oh, yeah. That's right. I think we should declare that a de facto holiday here at Rave Recs. Call it Estherchrispatrick day, and everyone has to play Rush, REM and The Decemberists all day long. Wheeee!!!

ForeverAutumn
10-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh, yeah. That's right. I think we should declare that a de facto holiday here at Rave Recs. Call it Estherchrispatrick day, and everyone has to play Rush, REM and The Decemberists all day long. Wheeee!!!

That sounds like a great idea to me! I'll have to get some Decemberists. Um, wait a minute. Can we play them in January? :confused:

Hey Mr. Midfi...do you have a brother? Wanna trade?

3-LockBox
10-05-2005, 06:38 PM
I have a boot of that (on DVD) and its very pedestrian, by-the-numbers, despite the full-length performance of DSOTM...one downer was that the female soloists for the 'Great Gig In The Sky' number were a tad feeble, compared to the same song on <i>Delicate Sound Of Thunder</i>, which is a better concert film IMO.

3-LockBox
10-05-2005, 06:51 PM
The secret to good birthday gifts is to convince people that they should spend the same amount of money on you as they would spend if your birthday were in, say, July...but wait for the great after-Xmas sales to shop. Sometimes a little bit of guilt can help too. "I hate having my birthday so close to Christmas. It sucks. Why did I have to be born at all?".

You can turn the lousy timing to your advantage if you play your cards right. ;)

My B-day is DEC, 30th...so I know what you mean. I always got the <i>Merry Christmas/Happy Birthday</i> gifts.

I tried the guilt thing once with no success...My aunt had a house fire just after Thanksgiving and lost everything; she anounced to everyone that she wouldn't be able to get anyone a Christmas present that year, and I said, "Hey wait a minute, what about my birthday?! You're gonna cheese out on both?! I mean, geez, a few bucks...something? anything?"

That was last year; maybe she'll have recovered by now.

Mr MidFi
10-06-2005, 07:33 AM
Hey Mr. Midfi...do you have a brother? Wanna trade?

Sure. Why not?

Here's his website, with plenty of full-motion video/audio...

stevenslittle.com

Gimme some 'full disclosure' on Barry, before we close the deal.