Help finding a center channel [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a center channel

Canadia507
10-04-2005, 08:53 AM
I've got a pair of CSW M80 mains and as of recently I've been hunting for a center channel in the price range of 300-500 to supplement them. I'm in a fairly small room and i play about 90% music as opposed to movies, and i listen to just about everything.

*EDIT* I've done quite a bit of review-reading, and I'm currently leaning towards something from either klipsch (an RC-25 or 35) or the paradigm monitor series. If anyone has any feedback on either lines, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a bit of a 2 channel noob question while I'm at it - When using a center channel, should one strive to match speaker attributes with others (i.e. getting a CSW center to match CSW mains), or can mixing it up yield a nice balance?

PAT.P
10-04-2005, 09:24 AM
I've got a pair of CSW M80 mains and as of recently I've been hunting for a center channel in the price range of 300-500 to supplement them. I'm in a fairly small room and i play about 90% music as opposed to movies, and i listen to just about everything from bach to the beastie boys.

I've done quite a bit of review-reading, and I'm currently leaning towards a klipsch at the moment simply because I've never heard one before and I'm rather curious as to how they perform in that price range.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Also, a bit of a noob question while I'm at it - should one strive to match speaker attributes with others (i.e. getting a CSW center to match CSW mains), or can mixing it up yield a nice balance?You should try to timbre match the center channel with your mains.I change my center 4 time from small to bigger ,now I bought the matching one from same manufacturer .If you have a receiver with auto calibration not as worse ,but there a difference.Try to save $$ at first ,but did'nt .