What can I compare Infinity Beta 50's to? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What can I compare Infinity Beta 50's to?

motorman
10-03-2005, 05:21 AM
I'm in the market for a pair of Audio only Floor standing speakers, preferably Beech color or else i'll need a larger amp to drown out the wife. I currently have a pair of Klipsch 2-way, 8" woofer, tweeter and a passive in the back. These sound good but they don't look good where i'll be putting them. I haven't heard the beta's yet (hopefully today) but the reviews seem to be good. What other speakers can I compare these to? Also how much is too much, I've seem people pay less than $200 each to Vanns has them for $499 each. Your comments would be greatly appreciated and I'm glad to find this forum.

motorman
10-05-2005, 08:42 AM
I did go to my local Sound Advice (Tweeter) and listen to a pair of Polk Audio RTi10 thats pretty much all they had in my price range (under a grand). I hope the Infinity's sound as good or better.
Do different speakers sound better on say marble/ceramic floors compared to carpet?

eisforelectronic
10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Polk and Infinity sound completely different. Between the two, I prefer Infinity. In my opinion Polk has always sounded a bit muddy or muffled. I haven't heard the Beta, but I really liked those CMMD drivers in the Interlude series.

Ceramic/tile will reflect a lot of sound, lots of echo. I would prefer carpet myself.

albacora14
10-10-2005, 08:23 PM
I did go to my local Sound Advice (Tweeter) and listen to a pair of Polk Audio RTi10 thats pretty much all they had in my price range (under a grand). I hope the Infinity's sound as good or better.
Do different speakers sound better on say marble/ceramic floors compared to carpet?

hey!!!
For design and Sound I preffer the discontinnued Infinity ALPHA50 towers, on beech or cherry, for me sounds equal to the new Beta Series, beatiful speakers from infinity

Florian
10-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Personally i would go for this used Infinity Kappa 400! Thats a great speaker!

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1131733541

hometheaterbug
10-11-2005, 12:31 AM
motorman

I currently have a pair of Klipsch 2-way, 8" woofer, tweeter and a passive in the back.

I own Infinity,Klipsch Ref. and Polk , so I can at least I tell give an opinion.First let me say that I am an unabashed Infinity whore.I think they make great stuff.If your looking for HT I say go with Infinity.Your going to have to use alot more power with the Infinity's than with Klipsch to get the same SPL but I say go for it you won't be sorry.Another company to look at is PSB and Def Tech (pricier). Good luck and let us know what you decided on.I think (personal taste of course) that Infinity has one of the best voicing of any mass market theater.When the golden throated pitchman comes on in the movie previews , you'll know what I mean.

bluextatic
10-05-2007, 12:13 PM
I would think that they could be compared to a pair of Athena - Audition AS-F2.2. They are almost the same size and have similar Drivers.

bluextatic
10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I prefer the sound of the Polk RTi 10's. When I decided to buy my speakers, I compared them with the Beta 50's at Circuit City, and liked the sound of the Polk RTI 10's much better, but it is a matter of personnel opinion. I do own a pair of Beta 20's and a Beta 360 Center, that I just love. I kind of have a wierd combination for my Theater setup. I use my Polk RTi 10's for the fronts, Infinity Beta 20's for the sides, and JBL's E10's for the rears, with an Infinity Beta 360 for the center, and an Infinity Subwoofer. It actually works very well, sounds awsome, and puts out thunderous home theater sound. I am pretty happy with the setup. I am useing a Harman/Kardon AVR 645 Reciever to power my setup.

Complete setup:

Harman/Kardon AVR 645, Harman/Kardon DVD-31, Denon DVD-1730, Sony RX330 DVD-RW, Harman/Kardon 8380 CD Player, Teac X-3 Reel To Reel, Monster 5100 Power conditioner,( ZU Cable ), speaker cables & interconnects, ( Tributaries ) interconnects. Polk Audio RTi 10's - fronts, Infinity Beta 360 center, Beta 20 surround, JBL E10 Surrounds, Infinity 12" subwoofer.

GMichael
10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Holey thread resurrection Batman!

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

drseid
10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Holey thread resurrection Batman!

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Seriously! I was about to respond when I realized this is from 2005!

Oy veh...

---Dave