Help choosing a reciever [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing a reciever

brennanc
10-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Hello.

I am in the middle of a bedroom audio system upgrade. I am looking at different speakers such as the Klipsch rb-25's Polk Audio, and a number of others. I am not going to be powering a huge home entertainment room, just a mid size bedroom. I am planning to have two front speakers and two surrounds, possibly a center and a sub. All I am really looking for is a good high quality reciever with a modest watts-per-channel. Also I am looking for something in the lower price range. Any advice would be appriciated.

PAT.P
10-02-2005, 09:38 AM
brennanc Yamaha all the way,more feature ,quality build,powers there also.

L.J.
10-02-2005, 03:44 PM
You may also want to look at Onkyo and Denon as well as Yamaha.

ToddL
10-03-2005, 09:56 AM
If you like Klipsch you check out the cinema6 5.1 package. Not as good as RB-25 or RB-15 for stereo, but for theatre they hold their own and save $.

prash
10-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Have u considered a much simpler approach .. like this perhaps ?

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/134613.html

-prashanth

Hello.

I am in the middle of a bedroom audio system upgrade. I am looking at different speakers such as the Klipsch rb-25's Polk Audio, and a number of others. I am not going to be powering a huge home entertainment room, just a mid size bedroom. I am planning to have two front speakers and two surrounds, possibly a center and a sub. All I am really looking for is a good high quality reciever with a modest watts-per-channel. Also I am looking for something in the lower price range. Any advice would be appriciated.