Tonearm Cable, DIN to RCA? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tonearm Cable, DIN to RCA?

jrhymeammo
09-30-2005, 10:56 PM
More I know, less I can bother you guys.
If I can figure this out, maybe I can educate the others like you guys do here.
So, please help.

AQ Tonearm Cable Leopard and other recognizable companies offer these types of cable with DIN to RCA connectors with ground wire. Can anybody describe them to me, and how it can be installed?

Cable manufactures are asking me to look under my TT, but I don't see the possible connector being exposed. I own Project Xpression ($450). Would I need more sophisticated/versatile TT to use these cables? Do you guys have any experience with that?

Any advice are appreciated.
Thanks.

-J.

JohnMichael
10-01-2005, 02:07 PM
More I know, less I can bother you guys.
If I can figure this out, maybe I can educate the others like you guys do here.
So, please help.

AQ Tonearm Cable Leopard and other recognizable companies offer these types of cable with DIN to RCA connectors with ground wire. Can anybody describe them to me, and how it can be installed?

Cable manufactures are asking me to look under my TT, but I don't see the possible connector being exposed. I own Project Xpression ($450). Would I need more sophisticated/versatile TT to use these cables? Do you guys have any experience with that?

Any advice are appreciated.
Thanks.

-J.

I am not experienced with that model but most turntables in that price range including my Rega 2 do not have removeable cables. Some of the better tonearms do have the din junction box so you can change or upgrade the cables. A good source of info would be Music Direct as they sell the turntable and some of the tonearm cables you mentioned.
Their website is www.amusicdirect.com. Hope this helps.

jrhymeammo
10-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey JohnMichel. Thanks for the info, I guess I can't use it on my entry-level TT. I guess I can save that $500 on something else. It would have been foolish to spend half a grand on $450 TT.

Enjoy your music.