321 Bose [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 321 Bose

zoomingm3
09-30-2005, 04:01 PM
I was watching TV today and I saw a commercial for the new 321 Bose HT system. Does anyone have an opinion on this system?

Thanks

L.J.
09-30-2005, 04:32 PM
What is it going for, like $1000 bucks? Do people actually buy these things? I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Woochifer
09-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Overpriced. Underperforming. Overmarketed. Virtual surround feature is nothing unique since it's standard with every AV receiver on the market already. A $200 receiver with a $300 pair of bookshelf speakers and a $500 subwoofer will way outperform the Bose 321.

eisforelectronic
09-30-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm banning the word "Bose"! From now on please replace all occurances of the word with "crap"

jrhymeammo
09-30-2005, 11:21 PM
The Bose productline seems to be very hip (maybe target foir the Gen X), since you can hide them virtually anywhere. I personally don't like the sound, and speakers aren't visually stunning as those people's lifestyle. But, whatta Hell do I know about interior design. If the size is the main issue. There are other alternatives.

The Paradigm Cinema Series- I was very impressed by the sound of these speakers for the size. Match those with 8, 10" sub with a 100-150 RMS sub. It does a great job for a small/ S. Medium HT.

Polk- I remember seeing the HT package by Polk Audio few years back. They too offer Satelite/Sub combo. I was also impressed for that application purposes, and I bet you can get these for much less than the original MSRP today.

And, much more companies offer similar products.

If anybody is much satisfied with Bose products, then I'm more than happy for them. It's their ultimate joy, I have my own.

If anything, can we start bashing on wall-mount flat panel speakers? I own B&W speakers that I love, but they have these wall mount speakers and man..............

Keep spinning your LPs, if you got them sittin in the attick, please donate them to me. LOL.

zoomingm3
10-01-2005, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the comments!

topspeed
10-01-2005, 07:13 AM
If you're looking for a nice, clean solution for HT without all the speakers and fuss, you might look into Yamaha's YSP-1. I have never heard it, but it has received quite a few awards and considering Yamaha's technical prowess, it's not going to be based on smoke and mirrors.

Hope this helps.

singha
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm banning the word "Bose"! From now on please replace all occurances of the word with "crap"

If I have some extra money lying around I will no doubt replace the "crap" system in my car with something decent. All my friends' cars have better sound system than mine!

thekid
10-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Zooming
Go listen to the system and make your decision.Unless speaker size or other factors make this system your best option I recommend looking at other options. Trust your ears and find what appeals to you because in the end you aren't in the room with other peoples opinions but with the speakers you choose.

If you like/want Bose I would suggest looking at individual components rather than their HT "systems". Relative to even their own individual speakers their systems/speaker packages are overpriced. (I say this as owner of Bose products) I purchased some 201's-161's and a VCS-10 center channel for less than they want for their speaker packages.

Good luck!

eisforelectronic
10-03-2005, 08:38 PM
If I have some extra money lying around I will no doubt replace the "crap" system in my car with something decent. All my friends' cars have better sound system than mine!

May I suggest Dynaudio. Go check out a Volvo dealership and sample the premium sound system.

vxaudio
10-03-2005, 08:52 PM
i have some "crap" 601 series IV for my front speakers. I really like there sound, but as far as "crap" goes, this was the last real speaker they made in my opinion. I can't stand the cubes or 321 or anything with the "module", notice they dont call it a subwoofer (because it isnt) i would recommend looking into other options. If your receiver has dolby virtual or another virtual mode, any 2 speakers will work the same as 321.