Another Dead Television! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another Dead Television!

ericl
09-30-2005, 12:43 PM
holy moly!

So some of may have seen my previous story about my problems with my old Sanyo HDTV. It crapped out on me and I tried to replace it TWICE, only to have get two DOA TV's both times. It was quite an ordeal. After two wasted days and plenty of haggling, i got my money back from Walmart.

I went to circuit city and bought a Sony, we've talked about it here. It's been great, very happy with it, until last night.

It just shut itself down. Tried to turn it back on, it would go on for 15 seconds and then shut itself off again. Then the power LED would start blinking. It's dead. Can you believe it? Somebody doesn't want me to have an hdtv.

Luckily, I bought it on Sept 1st and today is the LAST day of Circuit City's 30 day return policy. I called them this morning, and they're bringing a new one over to my house now! I'm Impressed by how quickly the're taking care of me. No haggling, what so ever. Gave them my receipt code and they said they'll come replace it by 2:30! I may be springing for that extended warranty after all.

GMichael
09-30-2005, 12:48 PM
holy moly!

So some of may have seen my previous story about my problems with my old Sanyo HDTV. It crapped out on me and I tried to replace it TWICE, only to have get two DOA TV's both times. It was quite an ordeal. After two wasted days and plenty of haggling, i got my money back from Walmart.

I went to circuit city and bought a Sony, we've talked about it here. It's been great, very happy with it, until last night.

It just shut itself down. Tried to turn it back on, it would go on for 15 seconds and then shut itself off again. Then the power LED would start blinking. It's dead. Can you believe it? Somebody doesn't want me to have an hdtv.

Luckily, I bought it on Sept 1st and today is the LAST day of Circuit City's 30 day return policy. I called them this morning, and they're bringing a new one over to my house now! I'm Impressed by how quickly the're taking care of me. No haggling, what so ever. Gave them my receipt code and they said they'll come replace it by 2:30! I may be springing for that extended warranty after all.

CC did fix my TV for cheap last year when Sony was telling me that it would cost me mega$ to have them look at it.

ericl
09-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Well I'm impressed. Less than three hours after I called, I have a replacement all set up in my house. That's service.

GMichael
09-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Well I'm impressed. Less than three hours after I called, I have a replacement all set up in my house. That's service.

Three hours? That is service.

L.J.
09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Although the extended warranty is not used 95% of the time, I still get it, and I've been in that 5% situation plenty of times. I've had a 36" and 57" tv go out on me. The 36" went out twice in 1 year. I asked the CC repair tech how much it would have been without the warranty and to put it simple, the warranty easily paid for itself. My 57" from BB went out after 2 years and that warrany became a beautiful thing.

juz my .02