Directv adding XM radio channels 11/15/05 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Directv adding XM radio channels 11/15/05

Lifes-A-Blast
09-30-2005, 11:11 AM
I posted this in general fourm but for anyone who needs to know ,Directv sattilite is dropping their Music Choice (MC) music channels (800-860) for XM radio music channels
on Nov. 15 2005. The screens list what you will get with each service plan and channels recieved . Platitum will get all 67+ 31 others is you subscribe.Just a heads up to anyone thinking about XM for home usage and not wanting to portable to car or boombox.
I couldn't find anything on the website but the 800 music channel has a 9 slide noting the program changes.

Slosh
09-30-2005, 11:28 AM
FWIW, Dish Network has been carrying 65 Sirius channels for a while now, plus the 30 "CD" channels that they've always had. Wonder if the Howard Stern channel will be on Dish next year?

N. Abstentia
09-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah I'm glad to hear about them adding XM, the Sirius was the best part of having Dish. Too bad the rest of Dish is utter crap!

Slosh
09-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Too bad the rest of Dish is utter crap!What makes you say that? Picture and sound quality is exactly the same as DirecTV as far as I can tell. I went with Dish because they had a DVR with no monthly fee. HD on both is still pretty limited so for now I'm getting all my HD the free way (OTA) :)

Woochifer
10-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Directv has now put out the channel guide for their new XM service. I'm pretty pumped about this because the standard XM lineup will include both the Beyond Jazz and electronica channels. Those were the types of programs that I enjoyed on Music Choice, before MC pulled the plug on those channels. But, the lineup is a little disappointing in that the metal, progressive, and salsa channels are now reserved for the Total Choice Plus subscribers (fortunately, it only costs $5/month to get the Plus package, which also adds 20 TV channels). Anyway, here are the links.

http://www.directv.com/see/pdf/XM_channel_lineup.pdf