Directv is adding XM radio Channels 11/15/05 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Directv is adding XM radio Channels 11/15/05

Lifes-A-Blast
09-30-2005, 10:58 AM
I was flipping through my Directv Sattilelite and upon come to Channel 800 the start of
Music Choice music channels (channel 800-860) Directv is replacing them with XM
sattilelite radio stationson Nov 15 , 2005. Looks like the whole music set of 67 + channels if you have platitium service - lesser service includes some of the bulk programing. This might be a worthwhile service upgrade since I have been wanting some sort of sattilite radio to listen to alternative programing while in the house. Just a heads up for all .

Woochifer
09-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Wow! That's great news! I just went over to XM's website and saw that they will offer 50 music channels to Directv's base package subscribers, and 65 channels to the Total Choice Plus customers. The Music Choice audio channels that they currently have are alright, but I haven't listened quite as much since Music Choice eliminated several niche channels that I listened to regularly (electronica and the eclectic Channel X were two of my favorite music channels until Music Choice got rid of them). XM's music selections seem like a step up, so I'm looking forward to that.

http://www.xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2005_09_29a.html

N. Abstentia
09-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Ahh sweeet. That's about the only thing I miss about Dish Network, glad to see Direct is finally adding XM.

Did Dish have Sirius or XM?