What are you listening to RIGHT NOW? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

texlle
09-30-2005, 09:38 AM
A simple question. What are you listening to on your home investment of a stereo?

Me right now...something different. Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die (remastered edition).

topspeed
09-30-2005, 10:18 AM
RIGHT NOW...I'm at my office listening to a ABC's "Look of Love" on an '80's mix cd. At home, I've got Genius and Friends (Ray Charles) that I just bought but haven't found time to really listen to yet. At first blush, it doesn't sound nearly as good as Genius Loves Company, which is terrific.

GMichael
09-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Right now? I'm listening to my assistant complaining to our Sales Manager about how his department never does anything right.
I may need to break up another fight.

Kam
09-30-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm listening to the ac vent next to me rattle. well, more of a mettalic jiggling.. actually warbling might be more accurate, with a touch of a high tempo ticka-ticka-ticka-ticka-ticka underlying the chorus.

PAT.P
09-30-2005, 11:52 AM
I was listening to " The Offspring" complete music video collection.

texlle
10-01-2005, 09:46 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I get bored with my music fast. I probably have over 200 cd's and even more music on my computer and I'm tired of most of it.

Oh well, time for...let's see...

::flips through cd's::

Best of Acid Jazz Vol. 1

blah... ;)

buril2000
10-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Right now? joss stone :)

Woochifer
10-13-2005, 04:18 PM
San Francisco Symphony - Mahler Symphony No. 7 "Song of the Night" (new release)

Bought it a couple of weeks ago when my wife and I went to see the SFS perform Mahler's Fifth (the performance was being recorded for future CD/SACD release). The performance and sound quality of Mahler's Seventh are both top notch -- highly recommended if you're into or curious about Mahler. (And the performance I saw of Mahler's Fifth makes it well worth seeking out when it comes out on CD/SACD next spring)

Aside from the SFS' growing reputation as one of the best interpreters of Mahler out there, they are in the middle of a Mahler cycle where they are recording all of the Mahler symphonies in DSD and releasing them as hybrid CD/5.1 SACDs. Two of the five discs released so far have won Grammy awards for Best Orchestral Performance.

As an aside, my wife and I already have tickets for the SF Symphony's performance next June of Mahler's Eighth (the "Symphony of a Thousand") -- not sure if that will also be a recording session, but I'm so looking forward to seeing that piece performed live for the first time!