XM vs Sirius, helpful chart [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : XM vs Sirius, helpful chart

bubbagump
09-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Pretty good link. If you're a Stern fan however, there's only one choice - Sirius.

http://www.radiosatellite.org/

HAVIC
09-29-2005, 10:13 AM
It seems that even though this website was updated on sept 13, 2005 they do not have all of their facts straight.

I can only write on behalf of the misinformation on the XM side as I have look extensively into it and tried there free 3 day internet only trial. www.radiosatellite.org states on their web page that internet access is an additional $9.99 a month, however this is not true. XM online is free for all subscribers of XM Radio. If you did not own a radio and only wanted xm online it would only cost you $7.99 a month. This has been so for many months now.

There may be other info wrong on either satellite provider but my feelings are that this website was made by a Howard Stern fan as they mention them but do not mention Opie and Anthony on XM. The later were 2 DJ's that were also national syndicated and went to satellite almost 2 years before Stern will. I only mention this because if you are going to compare, compare without bias.

Greg

Resident Loser
09-29-2005, 10:14 AM
If you're a Stern fan however, there's only one choice - Sirius

...suicide...

jimHJJ(...NFT...)

Lege
10-01-2005, 05:20 PM
It seems that even though this website was updated on sept 13, 2005 they do not have all of their facts straight.

I can only write on behalf of the misinformation on the XM side as I have look extensively into it and tried there free 3 day internet only trial. www.radiosatellite.org states on their web page that internet access is an additional $9.99 a month, however this is not true. XM online is free for all subscribers of XM Radio. If you did not own a radio and only wanted xm online it would only cost you $7.99 a month. This has been so for many months now.

There may be other info wrong on either satellite provider but my feelings are that this website was made by a Howard Stern fan as they mention them but do not mention Opie and Anthony on XM. The later were 2 DJ's that were also national syndicated and went to satellite almost 2 years before Stern will. I only mention this because if you are going to compare, compare without bias.

Greg

Yes you are right, Opie and Anthony were on satellite way before Stern. They got booted from regular radio for going over the top.
They are Stern wannabees who had to take it to a different level to try and compete