SVS subwoofer info. and impressions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SVS subwoofer info. and impressions

vxaudio
09-28-2005, 05:26 PM
im looking to purchase a svs sub and i live in a townhouse currently, so i was looking at the 10" isd cube. Based on all ive read on their site, this is the best sub for my under 500 price limit. please let me know any info for or against this decision. thanks

Mooch28
09-28-2005, 06:34 PM
im looking to purchase a svs sub and i live in a townhouse currently, so i was looking at the 10" isd cube. Based on all ive read on their site, this is the best sub for my under 500 price limit. please let me know any info for or against this decision. thanks

A few years ago i was looking at their subs. From all the comparison charts i saw, and research i did, SVS was quite simply the best bang for the buck!

They make excellent products. However, im not to sure about their box subs, as back then they only had their cylinder subs. Having said that though, i can't see the box subs being anyworse. If anything, they are probably of equal quality and performance.

The only reason i didn't buy an SVS, was because i lived in Canada, and at the time, shipping was too much. I bought a Paradigm PW-2200. Infact, i even asked the owners of SVS what they thought of it, and they highly reccomended the Paradigm. My point, these guys at SVS are very honest. I don't think you will be disappointed at all!

Olivertmc
09-29-2005, 08:21 AM
I have the PB-10 and I'm very happy with it. I looked at a lot of different options and found that almost no one had anything bad to say about SVS products. It is great for music - clean and subtle, and shakes the house when used for movies. Highly recommended.

MCF
10-03-2005, 11:43 AM
if it shares walls...I bought a PB-12/2 Plus and got a complaint from my neighbor I day after I recieved it...and I live in a freestanding house.....I am extremely impressed with the quality of the sub....