Opinions please on using DH Labs with Yamaha/Klipsch [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please on using DH Labs with Yamaha/Klipsch

ht beginner
09-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm going to set up my first home theater/sound system. I would like to know if anyone has used Dh Labs T14 speaker cables with a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver and or Klipsch speakers and can tell me if they were a good combination, or am I just thinking too much about this. I have my basic components and just need my cables to set everything up. I have a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver, Monster HTS-3600 power center, Klipsch RB-5II front bookshelfs, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch RS-3II surrounds and Klipsch RW-10 sub. Thank you for any input I can get.

markw
09-28-2005, 01:40 PM
differencs in cables, if any, are extremely subtle at best.

"...or am I just thinking too much about this." - yes. just connect, fire up and enjoy.

dean_martin
09-29-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm going to set up my first home theater/sound system. I would like to know if anyone has used Dh Labs T14 speaker cables with a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver and or Klipsch speakers and can tell me if they were a good combination, or am I just thinking too much about this. I have my basic components and just need my cables to set everything up. I have a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver, Monster HTS-3600 power center, Klipsch RB-5II front bookshelfs, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch RS-3II surrounds and Klipsch RW-10 sub. Thank you for any input I can get.

I run the DH Labs T14 speaker cables from an Acurus A100 amp to Acoustic Energy Aegis One speakers. I was driving the AEs with a 25wpc NAD stereo receiver using radio shack speaker wire that comes on spools - pretty good bargain. When a channel in the receiver blew I decided to upgrade to seperate preamp and power amp combo. To my surprise and dismay, the AEs sounded compressed or closed-in. I wasn't sure what to do so I went looking for new speakers. An audio shop owner suggested I try the silver T14s first (also a bargain for what you get). These really opened up the AEs, particularly in the treble. The AEs have a soft dome tweeter, however. Silver content speaker cables may be too bright for an already bright music-only system. I can't comment on how they would perform with movies other than guessing that you would get all the detail your other components are capable of producing.

Interestingly, I still use the radio shack wire in another system (NAD integrated and NHT SuperOnes) with no complaints.

musicoverall
09-29-2005, 10:50 AM

I'd start with cheap wire first and then you might decide to upgrade later. I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. Get used to the sound of your new system with cheaper wire first. Then you'll know if higher performance wire will make a difference.

GMichael
09-29-2005, 10:55 AM
I'd start with cheap wire first and then you might decide to upgrade later. I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. Get used to the sound of your new system with cheaper wire first. Then you'll know if higher performance wire will make a difference.

Not too cheep though. I wouldn't go any smaller than 16 ga.