Went to PT and Fripp last night... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Went to PT and Fripp last night...

thepogue
09-28-2005, 06:24 AM
In PA....drove up from VA (6 plus hours)

great show!!..Fripp was kinda disappointing
...but that was a bonus anyway...

PT was great...played for 2 plus hours....great time and cold beer!!!...for the kicker I picked up Deadwing on Vinyl

I pooped...got back to va @ 5...work @ 7ish....still very well worth it!

Pogue

Jim Clark
09-28-2005, 06:44 AM
In PA....drove up from VA (6 plus hours)

great show!!..Fripp was kinda disappointing
...but that was a bonus anyway...

PT was great...played for 2 plus hours....great time and cold beer!!!...for the kicker I picked up Deadwing on Vinyl

I pooped...got back to va @ 5...work @ 7ish....still very well worth it!

Pogue

Oh no! You're becoming one of 'them'. Get some sleep, you're not a kid anymore.

jc

Dusty Chalk
09-28-2005, 07:21 AM
In PA....drove up from VA (6 plus hours)Why didn't you go to the DC show the prior night?

richmon
09-28-2005, 07:30 AM
How is DC's 9:30 club? Now that I live in Baltimore, that's an option for my concerts. But I've gotten picky about venues, can't stomach the combination of bad acoustics and standing up in a smokehouse for hours.
I've heard some people bash the club, others say it's ok, you'll cast the deciding vote!

Mr MidFi
09-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Pogue! Long time no see. How I long for the glory days of the ol' P&B.

Thrown anyone out a window lately?

{lifts glass to better days}

Dusty Chalk
09-28-2005, 09:09 AM
How is DC's 9:30 club?Smokey, mostly standing (some seating in the balconies, but you won't be able to see anything if it gets crowded at all), bad acoustics...
...can't stomach the combination of bad acoustics and standing up in a smokehouse for hours.Oops...

No, seriously, based on your criteria, I wouldn't recommend going unless it was someone you just had to see during that immediate tour.

There just aren't that many good concert venues in the DC area -- Birchmere is wonderful;State Theater is okay; Wolftrap is good for an outdoor venue. Can't think of too many others. Haven't been to Warehouse Next Door yet. You'd hate Nation and Black Cat, too.

But I go for the concerts, not the venue. I have a better soundsystem than pretty much any venue in the area...even if it is just headphones...

thepogue
09-28-2005, 10:51 AM
some ole faces I see...nice to see you all!!! Hope you are yours are fine. As far as going to the 930 club once was enough...I caught Shane MacGowan and the Popes a few years back...I'm really not picky as far as the club goes I hand just about anywhere....but the 'Hood...well....I like to "bring 'em back alive" if you catch me drift...not cool there...not cool at all

Hey Jimbo...I realized this mornin' I wasn't a pup anymore...lol...whew

Hey MidFi...nice to see you me ole friend!!! haven't taken any direct flight out the front window as of late...but I still go me wings!!! ;)

Peace-out, Pogue