Spider-Man 3 Villians Confirmed! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 3 Villians Confirmed!

Lexmark3200
09-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Heard on Howard Stern this morning that SANDMAN and VENOM will indeed be the next villians the wall crawler will face in part 3.....interesting how Raimi leads us to believe it will be the Hobgoblin at the end of 2; and it's also going to be interesting to see how they bring these two difficult-from-a-technological-standpoint villians to the screen.

L.J.
09-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Heard on Howard Stern this morning that SANDMAN and VENOM will indeed be the next villians the wall crawler will face in part 3.....interesting how Raimi leads us to believe it will be the Hobgoblin at the end of 2; and it's also going to be interesting to see how they bring these two difficult-from-a-technological-standpoint villians to the screen.

Can't wait to see that one. Hopefully they don't end up looking like claymation.

Lexmark3200
09-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Can't wait to see that one. Hopefully they don't end up looking like claymation.

LOL.....agreed, LJ.......especially difficult to bring to realization is going to be the Sandman character; I have a feeling there is going to be a complete bombardment of CGI going on here that may take us out of the film......but we'll have to see......

Defshep
09-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Lexie, you're absolutely right. I actually mentioned it on my morning radio show yesterday. I can't believe it, I shared content with Stern! I feel special...Apparently, the info on the new baddies came right from the lips of Kirsten Dunst during an interview for a current film.
As for the cgi, I believe I heard John Dykstra (Star Wars) will not be returning for the visuals in S3. This is probably good news, as the first two films were great IN SPITE of shoddy, cartoonish cgi.

Defshep
09-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Sounds like ol' Sam's got his hands full!

Lexmark3200
09-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Lexie, you're absolutely right. I actually mentioned it on my morning radio show yesterday. I can't believe it, I shared content with Stern! I feel special...Apparently, the info on the new baddies came right from the lips of Kirsten Dunst during an interview for a current film.
As for the cgi, I believe I heard John Dykstra (Star Wars) will not be returning for the visuals in S3. This is probably good news, as the first two films were great IN SPITE of shoddy, cartoonish cgi.

What concerns me is not your subconscious mystical connection to Mr. Stern and his morning announcements, but more this statement made by a diehard fan on a site I review DVDs for:

Venom is the combination of an alien symbiote and Eddie Brock. Peter Parker (Spiderman) receive a new black 'suite' (many fans' all time favorite) from an alien machine while on another planet during the 12-issue macro-series, Secret Wars.

The suit eliminated Spidey's for webshooter's, it provided its own. It seemed to come from nowhere on mental command. Assume any shape or color. Spidey to use it as street clothes in the guise of Peter Parker, and at command, voila, instant Spiderman.

All was going well with Spidey's new suit until Peter became haunted by nightmares; strange disturbing nightmares involving another entity taking over his mind. They didn't go away.

Spidey did what any superhero would do. He went to his good buddy, Reed Richards a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic of the Fantistic Four. The super genius discovered that the suit was an alien symbiote tying to permanently merge with Parker. Well after an epic battle, and with the help of a sonic ray invented by Richards just for the occasion, Peter was free of the evil creature.

Enter Eddie Brock. Eddie, like Peter, is a photographer for the daily bugle who happened to hate Parker and blame Parker for all his problems in life. Well, to make a long story short, the alien suit gets out of it's prison and manages to find the one person it hates Parker more than itself, Brock.

Brock fully merges with the symbiote and the epic confrontation begins. I bet I know how he defeats Venom, but I won't go there as it is one of the best psychological twists in modern comic history.

This is the Spidey battle that ALL the fanboys are waiting for. Screw the Green Goblin or any other Spidey-villain for that matter. Venom rocks.

Now, the concern comes here: how is Raimi POSSIBLY going to develop this Venom story AS WELL AS introduce Sandman all in one film that is probably going to only be alotted two or so hours from Columbia, unless they give him a lot more running time to play with........

Lexmark3200
09-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Sounds like ol' Sam's got his hands full!

Agreed.