Wow, Rae would be proud, the new Bob Mould a featured CD at Fry's this week! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Rae would be proud, the new Bob Mould a featured CD at Fry's this week!

Davey
09-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Body of Song. When did Bob Mould get so popular? I'm so hopelessly out of touch with the real world. Did any of you see this coming? Is this the first sign of a Husker Du reunion?

MindGoneHaywire
09-24-2005, 12:55 AM
I had no idea. I've spun the album a few times & I think it's quite good. Husker Du reunion unlikely, I would think. I think most bands that you'd think wouldn't reunite, even though so many do, fall into that category because usually people who were friends & worked well together as young adults tend to grow apart. Of course, this became less of an issue towards the end of the 80s when the money became too enticing for people who all of a sudden didn't have a problem reliving past glory they might've otherwise been trying to forget. So few have resisted the temptation to re-form--but Mould is the sort of guy who's managed to always have something in front of him he finds interesting enough to avoid moving in that direction. I mean, a few years ago, he was writing storylines for pro wrestling tv shows. I just don't think someone who's that passionate about his hobbies is going to get together with guys he doesn't want to deal with so that some Gen-Xers can hear Makes No Sense At All again.

I could be wrong about that, but in any case, given all the no-puds who've made careers out of 3rd-rate material they wouldn't have thought of in 10 lifetimes if they hadn't been listening to Husker Du records, Mould's a guy who deserves some success, sez me. Have ya seen his blog? It's one of the few I'll actually look at every once in awhile.

http://modulate.blogspot.com/

nobody
09-24-2005, 05:27 AM
The album was solid. I wasn't blown away, but it's not a bad effort. I think he's one of those guys doomed to be compared to his past.

He's gonna be in town Tuesday night. This tour is supposed to feature him playing a selection of both Sugar and Husker Du tracks along with his solo stuff. Still not sure if I wanna go since I have to be up early the next day, but I'd like to hear Makes No Sense At All live again.