Best video on DVD, sound not important [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best video on DVD, sound not important

jhendric2002
01-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Folks, I am looking for a advice. I would like a dvd player with really good video characteristics and an opitcal out. I don't want to pay for the high end DAC on the audio side when my Lexicon will be doing the procesing.

In reading the stats on DVD players I see that most of the mid range DVD players have 54MHz/10-Bit Video DAC Conversion while the higher end ones have 12-bit Video DAC conversion.

I notice the $129 Sony DVPNS725P has 12 bit video DAC w/ 108Mhz processing. Does that mean that the video is high end and, presumably the audio is cheap?? If not what do you recomend for a good video/optical out box?

recoveryone
01-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Folks, I am looking for a advice. I would like a dvd player with really good video characteristics and an opitcal out. I don't want to pay for the high end DAC on the audio side when my Lexicon will be doing the procesing.

In reading the stats on DVD players I see that most of the mid range DVD players have 54MHz/10-Bit Video DAC Conversion while the higher end ones have 12-bit Video DAC conversion.

I notice the $129 Sony DVPNS725P has 12 bit video DAC w/ 108Mhz processing. Does that mean that the video is high end and, presumably the audio is cheap?? If not what do you recomend for a good video/optical out box?

The Pioneer 563a has been getting rave reviews from every source around and is able to play DVD-A and SCAD. I have the bigger brother Pioneer Elite 45-a and it shines in 480 Progressive mode. If you really want to test get Black Hawk down( high def transfer) and try on each unit and see for youself.