New Finch comp available. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Finch comp available.

Finch Platte
09-21-2005, 06:20 AM
Wait! WAIT!! This is a good one, honest!! ;)

30 Second To Mars- From Yesterday (from their new one- A Beautiful Lie) Great disc- hard rock, along the lines of NIN and Filter.
Clutch- 10001110101 (from a Monitor This! sampler)
Jack's Mannequin- The Mixed Tape (also Monitor This!)
Black Eyed Peas- Gone Going (from Monkey Business. This is hip hop. I guess. Interesting. Funky stuff w/ great vocal production.)
Sylvester Stone w/ Buddy Guy and John Mayer- You Can Make It If You Try (from Different Strokes By Different Folks. Sly & The Family Stone hits redone w/ special guests)
Rodney Crowell- Don't Get Me Started (from his latest, The Ousider. I found this kind of bland, and am tempted to leave this off & put something from Howie Day's new one- replacing bland w/ bland).
Drive By Truckers- Every Mother's Son (from Under The Influence, a Jam Band Tribute To Lynyrd Skynyrd. You haven't lived until you've heard Les Claypool doing Call Me The Breeze! :rolleyes:
Jettie- Nyanian (from The Platform Group's Sampler Vol. 1)
Abandoned Pools- Armed To The Teeth (from their new The Reverb EP)
The Magic Numbers- Forever Lost (Rolling Stone sez: "bright, instantly catchy power pop, enriched by four-part harmonies, banjo and an undercurrent of longing." Dunno about the UoL, but it shore is catchy!)
Transplants- Gangsters And Thugs (Monitor This! This song has taken up residence in my head and will not leave!!)
Tourmaline- Blank (Sampler, Vol. 1) "Polished pop...along the lines of Neutral Milk Hotel and Weezer." Allmusic.
Baumer- Take What's Mine (Sampler, Vol. 1)
Dredg- Not That Simple (from Catch Without Arms. Remember The Din Pedals? I would have bet my left hippo nut this singer was in that band. U2-ish.)
Mommy And Daddy- Pretty Loser (Sampler, Vol. 1)
The Static Age- Vertigo (Sampler, Vol. 1)
Velvet Revolver- Come On, Come In (from Fantastic 4- The Album)
Secret Lives Of The Freemasons- It Only Took A Whisper (Sampler, Vol. 1) Allmusic: "...come off like an amalgam of emo champs Senses Fail and post-hardcore front-runners Glassjaw."
Ten Years- Through The Iris (from the new The Autumn Effect. Allmusic sez "They feature echoey, dripping-water guitar lines that splash into giant choruses, combining the arty darkness of Tool or Deftones with post-grunge's need for a big melodic payoff." Wow!

If you'd like to check it out, pm me.

fp

ForeverAutumn
09-21-2005, 07:39 AM
Hmmmm. Transplants has taken up residence in your head and won't leave? Maybe there's a not so subtle hint here. :D

BarryL
09-21-2005, 12:14 PM
If you'd like to check it out, pm me.

fp

Whatever it is, I want one. Thanks. Let me know if you want me to pick it up or if you'd prefer to send it.

GMichael
09-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Cool, great list.