So, only moderaters can post to the "Clips from New Orleans" thread? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So, only moderaters can post to the "Clips from New Orleans" thread?

markw
09-21-2005, 05:03 AM
Well, that's an interesting new wrinkle to this site. Talk about yer basic bully pulpit.

piece-it pete
09-21-2005, 05:18 AM
No, I was wrong. You have to scroll right to get to the box.

Pete

trollgirl
09-21-2005, 05:22 AM
...without success, just big blue rectangles. The thread does not even appear to be locked down, on the front side. I quit AK for that sort of ****. I thought things were more free and open over here, but freedom of expression seems to be getting the garotte all over. I am perturbed to see threads spilling over into each other, and for that matter, I am perturbed also to see the mud slinging, and the dredging up of things which have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Laz

trollgirl
09-21-2005, 05:28 AM
...bitter?

Laz

markw
09-21-2005, 05:34 AM
...without success, just big blue rectangles. The thread does not even appear to be locked down, on the front side. I quit AK for that sort of ****. I thought things were more free and open over here, but freedom of expression seems to be getting the garotte all over. I am perturbed to see threads spilling over into each other, and for that matter, I am perturbed also to see the mud slinging, and the dredging up of things which have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

LazAnd, I tend to agree but you know me ;)

Well, a lot of us"refugees" found a welcome in http://www.audioholics.com. Every so often I "slum" here to help out a newbie or two. Gotta keep the loonies on the path.

piece-it pete
09-21-2005, 05:35 AM
Sorry Laz, wrong word.

These rooms may be public but they're privately owned so the owners the right to do what they want.

You want REAL censorship check out www.democraticunderground.org

Pete

trollgirl
09-21-2005, 06:01 AM
...privately owned, they can do what they want, and all that. However, the slap in the face of having a post or thread locked down or removed, and especially not getting to reply to a moderator's slander, well it upsets me. I'm not refering to anyone here, BTW.

Laz

PS, I'll have a look at that dem-underground - heard of it before...

Geoffcin
09-21-2005, 06:01 AM
Well, that's an interesting new wrinkle to this site. Talk about yer basic bully pulpit.

I think this is a server issue, not censorship.

markw
09-21-2005, 06:08 AM
...privately owned, they can do what they want, and all that. However, the slap in the face of having a post or thread locked down or removed, and especially not getting to reply to a moderator's slander, well it upsets me. I'm not refering to anyone here, BTW.

Laz

PS, I'll have a look at that dem-underground - heard of it before...Obviously it had to be locked by a moderator who can't or won't defend his position in a fair manner. So, I'd say it was either T, Flo or possibly even Geoff but I would really be surprised if it were the latter.

In ay case, it is a mod's doing.

See ya at http://www.audioholics.com, where free speech is encouraged and a level playing field is maintained.

Geoffcin
09-21-2005, 06:13 AM
Obviously it had to be locked by a moderator who can't or won't defend his position in a fair manner. So, I'd say it was either T, Flo or possibly even Geoff but I would really be surprised if it were the latter.

In ay case, it is a mod's doing.

See ya at http://www.audioholics.com, where free speech is encouraged and a level playing field is maintained.

I would have seen that, and it hasn't happend.

markw
09-21-2005, 06:21 AM
I would have seen that, and it hasn't happend.
Perhaps "locked" is not the most appropiate word.

I can respond on other threads,as evidenced here and on other forums.

Obviously, I can also initiate a thread.

However, on the thread in question, the text strings waaaaaay off the page to the right and I click on the "respond to this post"button within the post itself, all I get is a blue box which will not accept any input.

Same result when I simply click on the Post reply" button outside the box.

mighty convenient server issue I'd say.

P.S.. just tried it again. still no go.

trollgirl
09-21-2005, 06:36 AM
...is that the thread in question got stretched on page two. The reply page is also stretched, as I found out with Pete's tip. It does not appear to be locked down, just messed up. BTW, if anyone is really wondering what Moderator I was referring to, he/she/it was over at AK.

LAZ

piece-it pete
09-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Have you scrolled right?

Pete

markw
09-21-2005, 06:53 AM
...is that the thread in question got stretched on page two. The reply page is also stretched, as I found out with Pete's tip. It does not appear to be locked down, just messed up. BTW, if anyone is really wondering what Moderator I was referring to, he/she/it was over at AK.

LAZ...found the reply box waaaaaaaaaay off the screen, Guess this BB format doesn't handle large pics too well.

Geoffcin
09-21-2005, 07:19 AM
...found the reply box waaaaaaaaaay off the screen, Guess this BB format doesn't handle large pics too well.

To the moderators here Mark.

Although some of us may not agree with your position, we are not censoring you.

kexodusc
09-21-2005, 07:27 AM
... I think at least one of the moderators owes Ameicans in general an apology as well.

after all, it's a moderator who started the sh!tstorm in the first place.

to the other moderators, aoplogies all around.

I really appreciate the time and effort the mods put in, but this is nothing new. Seems we're throwing water on the flame wars this guy starts every week here.
I know AR.com isn't a democracy, and believe me, I understand why it wouldn't work to well if it was, but how does a part-time Troll manage to stay a moderator here?

Am I in the minority here when I say it's a shame that the Off Topic/Non Audio Forum has been the most active one at <b>Audio</b>review.com?

markw
09-21-2005, 07:30 AM
To the moderators here Mark.

Although some of us may not agree with your position, we are not censoring you.... I think at least one of the moderators owes Ameicans in general an apology as well.

after all, it's a moderator who started the sh!tstorm in the first place.

to the other moderators, aoplogies all around.

piece-it pete
09-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Am I in the minority here when I say it's a shame that the Off Topic/Non Audio Forum has been the most active one at <b>Audio</b>review.com?

Well, maybe. I can't walk away from this room 'cause I can't find anything else out there quite like it. We generally go past the stereotyping ( :D ) we all do to the "other side". Very rare.

Pete

BTW Laz, Grumpy is a personal friend of mine and I have nothing but love for AK. If AR decided to shut down our discussions here I would be sad but would also respect their decision.

GMichael
09-21-2005, 08:12 AM
I really appreciate the time and effort the mods put in, but this is nothing new. Seems we're throwing water on the flame wars this guy starts every week here.
I know AR.com isn't a democracy, and believe me, I understand why it wouldn't work to well if it was, but how does a part-time Troll manage to stay a moderator here?

But it does make for some interesting reading. If not offending.

grumpy
09-22-2005, 12:54 PM

Laz

I am sorry you feel this way about Audiokarma but let me point out one thing. Whats the first name of this site ? Whats the first name of ours ?

They may tollerate politics here but we do not. If you do not like that then again sorry you feel that way..

Grumpy

piece-it pete
09-22-2005, 04:18 PM
But it does make for some interesting reading. If not offending.

VERY offending. My apologies to yous guys for bending over TOO far backwards. I really thought we'd have a palaver.

Howdy Grump. Welcome to paradise :p .

Pete