Pro Speakers vs Consumer Speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pro Speakers vs Consumer Speakers?

keithant
09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I have been looking around on some of the professional audio sites like Pro Gear Warehouse and others and have been noticeing how reasonably priced the Professional speakers are from company's like Nady and Gemini and others and was wondering how good or bad these kind of speakers would sound in a home audio setup?There was one in particular from Nady a Trapazoid configuration,what ever that is (Forgot the model numbers) that come with a 10 12 or 15 inch woofer and a large Horn tweeter with sensitivity ratings 98 101 102DB respectively and handle 300 400 and 500 watts respectively and are all 8 ohm.I just noticed that these Pro Grade speakers are much less expensive than there consumer grade conterparts and was wondering if anyone ever listend to these kind of speakers in a home setup?Thanks,Keith.

jamison
09-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Usually those kinds of speakers are designed to play very loudly, sound quality is not as important as is volume. they are designed to play at large clubs and be able to be heard over everything else. you will find that such things as sound quality stereo imaging dynamic range are very limited. I work in a bowling alley and we have a pro sound system. it is very lound and thumps quite well however the sacrifice is stereo imaging you cant even get a stereo effect on them. usually you will find the horn tweeters sound colored and can be very scratchy especially if it is a piezo type speaker.

if all you want is a lot of volume and arent too concerned with the quality of sound go for it

keithant
09-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks Jamison,can these kinds of speakers sound pretty decent if a EQ is used to get a bit better frequency response out of them or to tame them a bit?Thanks Again.

kexodusc
09-20-2005, 04:28 AM
Pro audio speakers would work ok in home setups, but as Jamison mentioned, they're made for different applications. It's not accurate to say they don't concern themselves with sound quality, there are pro-audio speakers that compete favorably with hi-end audiophile speakers. But they cost a pretty penny.
In exchange for the added sensitivity (loudness ability) of pro-speakers, you're probably giving up something else at a given price-point. That something else will probably affect sound quality somehow. If you're into loud, head-bangin, ball stompin' rock or hip-hop, like party speakers, you're probably better off going that route than the hi-fi route for your money. If you like a bit better sound quality at reduced levels sometimes, you're better off looking at something else.

pelly3s
09-20-2005, 06:18 AM
The only time I would use pro speakers at home would be JBL, EV, Altec, and TAD. But they still have to be their higher end products. A good sounding horn wont sound colored, something lets just say like the horns on a pair of Westlakes.

Well I guess I should just get to my point there are many pro speakers out there that work very well in a home situation most of them being higher end studio monitors, but with quality comes a price and a high one at that. A good pair of horn drivers would start you around $300 each new, and good woofers in the same starting price. Then cabinets and crossover parts and the time to build it all, or just spending thousands on a good pair of lets say TAD 2404's.

If you arent willing to make that jump stay with the consumer grade stuff.

FLZapped
09-20-2005, 06:25 AM
I have been looking around on some of the professional audio sites like Pro Gear Warehouse and others and have been noticeing how reasonably priced the Professional speakers are from company's like Nady and Gemini and others and was wondering how good or bad these kind of speakers would sound in a home audio setup?There was one in particular from Nady a Trapazoid configuration,what ever that is (Forgot the model numbers) that come with a 10 12 or 15 inch woofer and a large Horn tweeter with sensitivity ratings 98 101 102DB respectively and handle 300 400 and 500 watts respectively and are all 8 ohm.I just noticed that these Pro Grade speakers are much less expensive than there consumer grade conterparts and was wondering if anyone ever listend to these kind of speakers in a home setup?Thanks,Keith.

The brands you mentioned are at the low end of the spectrum. You need to get into Community, JBL, EV, and others, to get better quality.

Indeed pro speakers are made to different requirements from home speakers as others have mentioned. They must play loud, and take physical and electrical abuse.

You will also find that they have a more focused pattern than home speakers would, making the "sweet spot" for stereo listening smaller. Some as narrow as 60 degrees and are usually referred to as "long throw." Dependng on your listening room, you might be able to use speakers with a 90 degree pattern, usually referred to as "short throw." They would certainly reduce the reflections you would see from a speaker system with a 120 degree, or wider radiation pattern.

Oh, be wary of "floor monitors" as they usually have a restricted bass response.

-Bruce

Peter Duminy
09-20-2005, 07:39 AM
You could take a look at the the Studio Pro Monitors instead, as they are lower priced and in some cases overbuilt compared with their consumer counterparts.

http://www.tannoy.com/StudioOverview

and:

http://www.dynaudioacoustics.com/

come to mind. There are lots of other Manufacturers to choose from too.

You could pick a pair of Tannoy Reveal passive models for example for around $350.00 pr CAN. or Dynaudio BM6 passives for $250 pair cheaper than their 52 domestic version. :)

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-20-2005, 08:31 AM
If I were to use professional monitors for my hometheater, the only ones I could think of right off the top of my head would be either SLS, Genelec, or M&K. My ultimate would be the PMC/Bryston combo. TAD and Tannoys would also be in the mix. EV, JBL, and Altec would not be on my list for any application, home or studio. Community would be a possibility, but it depends on what place in their line you would choose.

ToddL
09-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Just to clarify, we are talking about stage monitors rather than studio monitors right? Because studio have flat response at any volume(well, they are supposed to). Stage monitors are the ones that have detail issues.
Genelec's are amazing, but so is the price. Yorkville/Traynor's are my favourite as far as cheap ones go.

pelly3s
09-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Terrence why wouldnt you choose a JBL for use in a studio monitor. Not only did JBL hold its own building some of the best studio monitors in the world, the components are used to build everything from Westlakes to the most exotic Auspbergs (sp?) The older Altec stuff is highly sought after such as the 755c. And the EV stuff I guess you have to hear an EV Ndym 6 driver on the HR9040 horn to understand it. A lot of EV's designs are based off the research of Jim Long who is one of the biggest influences in audio in decades. If you get a chance find someone who has a pair of JBL 4355's and give them a listen. If I came off a little rough I apologize, I just feel that many people miss the impact that those companys had in studio monitors and hifi throughout the years.

On the Community topic, I work with their SLS 960's all the time and I will say that they are a great box but I would never take those drivers for home or studio use.

jocko_nc
09-21-2005, 03:47 AM
I have a big cabinet that I sometimes use for parties. Dual 10 inch with a big Altec horn. It could certainly benefit from an EQ, but that is not the point. It is LOUD.

I would only go pro if I wanted it loud.

jocko

Worf101
09-21-2005, 05:00 AM
I've been playing music for pay off and on since the Nixon Administration. There are currently a couple of "pro" outfits who's speakers are as good a some high end speaks and better than 90% of the Commercial crap out there.

EAW - Makes a wide range of speakers that can be used for home use. Not the prettiest in the world but the pump and sound great. Plus I flat out guarentee that no dog, cat or 5 year old can ruin them. Low WAF however.

Mackie - Makes a great line of powered and passive speakers that could fit a wide variety of applications. They'd be my second choice.

JBL - The old standby makes decent gear that, if refinished (hate that black carpet on em) would be servicable but not a world beater sound wise, price wise though they're great.

I wouldn't run any of these in the house save the EAW's. If I had a larger back yard and need music out there, I'd choose any of the above, mount them on the house and have at it.

Da Worfster :o

pelly3s
09-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Worf not all JBL's are carpeted only their really cheap stuff now. The SRX-700 series boxes are a little ugly but sound great. Now for JBL stuff like the 4430's that I own :) beautiful rosewood cabinet with a black front baffle, nice and simple and great sounding boxes. Anyways I guess I'll stop bring up the same thing over and over again about them. Its all preference, but like Ive said before if it was good enough to record the music its sure as hell good enough to listen to it back

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Terrence why wouldnt you choose a JBL for use in a studio monitor. Not only did JBL hold its own building some of the best studio monitors in the world, the components are used to build everything from Westlakes to the most exotic Auspbergs (sp?) The older Altec stuff is highly sought after such as the 755c. And the EV stuff I guess you have to hear an EV Ndym 6 driver on the HR9040 horn to understand it. A lot of EV's designs are based off the research of Jim Long who is one of the biggest influences in audio in decades. If you get a chance find someone who has a pair of JBL 4355's and give them a listen. If I came off a little rough I apologize, I just feel that many people miss the impact that those companys had in studio monitors and hifi throughout the years.

JBL is pro mass market garbage. Whenever I work at a studio that has them, I ask that they be replaced. The PMC/Bryston combo is my speakers of choice, followed by Genelec and M&K. JBL, EV, and altec have all had their day. I have heard the 4355, it doesn't even come close to the PMC/Bryston combination. It also doesn't come close to the Genelecs either. I guess its a matter of what you like in a speaker.

I use Dunlavy SC V when mastering.

BRANDONH
09-21-2005, 08:51 AM

If you are going to use pro speakers keep in mind that they can be a bit bright sounding.
Also pro speakers require a lot of power to drive them, (massive magnets) they do not like being underpowered so your amp needs a lot of headroom. The average Home A.V. setup will not have the punch to drive the pros properly and will most likely sound distorted and possibly overheat the amp and will clip easily when trying to party.
I built my own speakers and had the networks custom made and they sound amazing. However, I built my system for power so I can play them for hours on end at VERY high volumes. (I live in a rural area) My system does sound refined even at a low volume but that is because the amplifier has headroom to drive the speakers at low listening levels.

This Guy
09-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Most Pro speakers have a pretty high sensitivity, which means they will go loud with little power. They don't need a lot of power unless you're talking about DJ'ing hours on end.

hermanv
09-21-2005, 03:38 PM
The original question was sort of the "free luch" question. Is there a cheaper way to get a speaker that has good sound?

My experience is that there is a fair correlation between cost and sound quality; good speakers cost more. Really good speakers cost a lot more.

I only know two ways to save real money on a speaker:
1. Buy used.
2. Build your own.

Number 2 assumes that you have plenty of spare time. The task is not small but much of the time is spent in woodwork and assembly. Many sites on the web will give you free plans. If you only consider component costs you can build a speaker that competes with a given commercial model for around 1/4 th the money or less.

Daddy3Legs
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM
What kind of situation is that? Who usually has to face the dilema of choosing between a consumer type and professional type speaker? Who ever heard of a diofference?

Go to the store thatg has the best deal and you don't have nothing to worry about!

GMichael
09-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Have any of you heard of Truth monitors? I'm looking at the B2031P-TRUTH model on page 3 of this link.

http://www.fullcompass.com/Catalog/catalog_pdfs/pdfs_fw05/speakers01.pdf

They sure seem like they would be a good bang for the buck.

bloosqr
09-22-2005, 08:03 AM
I just bought two MACKIE 824 studio monitors for home stereo use this last weekend. The are perfectly flat 39->20k speakers, actively powered w/ balanced XLR ins (actually they have RCA ins as well). I find them remarkably clean and detailed , somewhat brighter (as someone else mentioned) than i am used to. Some what oddly I was expecting the bass to be much more pronounced w/ the 39 hz range. Again I think this is due to the flat response rather than the punchiness of standard speakers. I've actually ordered a DEQ 2496 to act as an equalizer to examine what the response is and what it is that I consider "good". I went the studio monitor route because (1) I like having "honest" speakers (2) the flat response is what people mix down to (3) I trust the pro-audio people more than home audio people :!

BRANDONH
09-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Most Pro speakers have a pretty high sensitivity, which means they will go loud with little power. They don't need a lot of power unless you're talking about DJ'ing hours on end.

I say this things from experience because I have pro speakers.
Trust me you need real power to drive them properly.
I first used my Pioneer Elite which has a good 125 wats per channel. It sounded OK but did not have the headroom to really drive them well.
Then I got an ATI 1504 bridged it to 450 watts 8 ohm per channel, sounded better but became fatigued and very hot after servral hours of hard playing.
Then I put a PRO amp in front of them not bridged at 725 watts 8 ohm per channel, awesome never gets fatigued and never gets hot.

Brandon

BRANDONH
09-22-2005, 08:26 AM
The original question was sort of the "free luch" question. Is there a cheaper way to get a speaker that has good sound?

My experience is that there is a fair correlation between cost and sound quality; good speakers cost more. Really good speakers cost a lot more.

I only know two ways to save real money on a speaker:
1. Buy used.
2. Build your own.

Number 2 assumes that you have plenty of spare time. The task is not small but much of the time is spent in woodwork and assembly. Many sites on the web will give you free plans. If you only consider component costs you can build a speaker that competes with a given commercial model for around 1/4 th the money or less.

If you buy them used be sure you get them from a reputable company:
http://www.soundbroker.com/

hermanv
09-22-2005, 11:17 AM
If you buy them used be sure you get them from a reputable company:
http://www.soundbroker.com/I usually use the internet classifieds.

The Audiogon site has a long list of used speakers. Because many are very large you might look for used speakers for sale within driving distance of your home. 1. It saves the shipping cost. 2. You get to see and hear them. 3. You get a chance to hear someone elses system. 4. You might make a new audiophile friend.

filecat13
10-01-2005, 08:32 AM
JBL is pro mass market garbage. Whenever I work at a studio that has them, I ask that they be replaced. The PMC/Bryston combo is my speakers of choice, followed by Genelec and M&K. JBL, EV, and altec have all had their day. I have heard the 4355, it doesn't even come close to the PMC/Bryston combination. It also doesn't come close to the Genelecs either. I guess its a matter of what you like in a speaker.

Terrence your prejudices and opinions are your own, and I won't debate them with you here.

What I will react to is your characterization of any product as garbage and your implied insult to pellys3 when you carry the title of "moderator." When you want to spew insults, please don't do it under the guise of a moderator, as it's in direct opposition to the whole concept and role of moderation.

jocko_nc
10-02-2005, 07:12 AM
If I were in the market for budget speakers, I would certainly take a hard look at DIY. The amount of skilled work required is not so great. If you do not have proper tools, there are enough prefab cabinets available. You can go with a proven design and layout, some of the driver manufacturers even have designs and kits available. The DIY community knows what it is doing and is more that willing to help a newbie. I am into it now, planning to get my hands on any quality cabinets and/or classic old designs that I can mess with.

One could even find a damaged unit of a model he really wanted, make the required repairs or even make improvements. The knowlegde is out there. It is a lot fun, too.

Is it a different mindset, that these are merely boxes that play music, not a brand name, image, or object with a lot of emotional attachment? What matters is that the sound is good.

These guys were great for me: www.madisound.com

Good Luck.

jocko

Westlake HR1
10-13-2005, 12:24 PM

I suspect I have a few years more experience in this than you my friend. I come from the days when JBL was not owned by a mass market Corp. Looking at your list of equipment I would be inclined to think your pretty much a rookie and don’t know your butt from a hole in the ground. Of course, you may be far too young, arrogant and opinionated for any of this to sink in. Maybe as you and more importantly your ear mature, you can look back on your post with some regret. In any case, I and many others would disagree entirely with your opinion.

The one thing I would agree with "I guess its a matter of what you like in a speaker." But to make the statement "JBL is pro mass market garbage" is simply rediculous and un-true.

Have a nice day.

ElecTech
10-13-2005, 02:09 PM

I use Dunlavy SC V when mastering.Well Sir Terry, I do agree with you about genelec monitors, they can be amazing! But Bryston electronics are too metallic sounding and aggressive for me!

Yes, they have engineered all the distortions out of their amplifiers, but in spite of the flawless specs, and measurements on a scope, they are too clinical and, bright, and cold sounding.

Very good for the concrete ears crowd, but musically they are just too lacking in conveying the emotion of a recording. Especially the mid band and higher frequencies, and I have listened to many Brystons through many speakers, they just irritate me after a while and push me away!

I even had the oppurtunity to listen to the grand exalted head of their household amplifier, the Bryston 14B SST 3 weeks ago, through a pair of B & W 801,s and although the 14B SST was dead clean, and produced tremendous output, and makes effortless bottom with plenty of headroom to spare, when we put the big Classe amps back on the B & W,s it was major relief to everyone in the rooms ears! The mid and high frequencies have something that to my ears sounds somewhat metallic, and edgy. After a bit, I really found the amp to offend, and on the contrary, the Classe drew you in, had a more open, and relaxed quality to it, yet was utterly clear and resolving of the most minute details present in recordings, so we felt the Classe/B & W combination engaged the listener. Something I refer to as natural sounding.

The Bryston/B & W combination, OTOH, and IMHO, seemed to push us farther away,
most notably, in the nid and high frequncies, the big bryston just doent have the fluid texture, and gives the impression of a coarse, clinical sounding top end! And eventually to replace the big Bryston with the systems original Classe!

Stated simply, we find listening to bryston not enjoyable. yes, its very exact, and quite reference I suppose, and really adept for those who wish to critique their recordings and pick them apart for every minor flaw, as opposed to listening to music, and enjoying, no make that, becoming involved in it!

Onkyo? In a professional studio? Since when?

ElecTech
10-13-2005, 02:15 PM
FWIW, my next set of monitors, being constructed as we speak, will be a pair of custom designed BR enclosures employing all TAD components. 2 TAD 1601B,s 1 TAD 4003 1.5in compression driver on a TAD horn, with a TAD ET-703 UHF tweeter for each cabinet.

Although Genelec is good, TAD will kick it in its behind, and send em on their way, back home to mommy!

Have a great day, Terry!

SpankingVanillaice
10-13-2005, 02:31 PM
I think pro speakers are ALOT better than home speakers since pros have more accurite and more flatter response. I have a pair of Edirol MA-10D studio monitors and they sound better than normal home speakers since they are more flatter response and since they are made for studio monitoring. :cool:

Florian
10-14-2005, 08:50 AM
I think pro speakers are ALOT better than home speakers since pros have more accurite and more flatter response. I have a pair of Edirol MA-10D studio monitors and they sound better than normal home speakers since they are more flatter response and since they are made for studio monitoring. :cool: That is the biggest pile of **** text that i have ever read. Please post a frequencys response picture and proof their fullrange flat response! Those Edirols are without a doubt nowhere near a good home speaker. Period! I would personally rather buy a BOSE 301!

Gimme a break!

PS: 10 watt per channel, and a 7lbs speaker. For gods sacke, noone can really mean what you wrote. Noone is that stupid, it simply cant be.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/397d52715488e4ad471f3866a65f6b1b.jpg

SpankingVanillaice
10-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Well I can say that my MA-10D's are 100% nearfield monitors and they go from 45hz to 35Khz +/- 2db so thats very flat for speaker this price and size. Plus the plugs were you connect the speakers to are gold plated too. Plus you can connect digital input like optic-fiber and coaxial too. So these are great monitors for the price and I really think pro speakers rock. I can say I wont ever buy anymore home speakers again. ;)

topspeed
10-14-2005, 11:24 AM
For gods sacke, noone can really mean what you wrote. Noone is that stupid, it simply cant be.
Methinks you're underestimating SVI.

nightflier
10-14-2005, 11:53 AM
OK, these aren't exactly inexpensive speakers, but they sound amazing. I purchased these to compare them to my home audio speakers. The frequency response is completely flat, and the clarity and accuracy is phenominal. Strereo imaging is spot-on. So why am I selling them? Because they are tiring.

For an acurate speaker, a good quality studio monitor (like Tannoy or Dynaudio), especially one that is actively powered, will most often outperform a comparably priced home audio speaker. But the real question is whether they are pleasant to listen to. I paid less for a pair of used Dynaudio 72's and find them much more pleasant to listen to.

I don't know what studio monitors in the $200 range sound like, so I can't really comment. But in the $1K range, there are very few home audio speakers than can compare to studio monitors, if you're willing to put up with that much detail.

SpankingVanillaice
10-14-2005, 12:49 PM
I can say you can never ever find a better pair of studio monitors or speakers that is powered and that costs $165 pair since for the price the MA-10D is the best ever. I can say for headphones I love the MDR-V300 since they are great for portable players and for studio monitoring. :cool:

Florian
10-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Ignorance is bliss

pelly3s
10-14-2005, 03:05 PM
here is my answer to this whole entire discussion

http://www.westlakeaudio.com/Speakers/Professional_Series/sm-1.html

Westlake HR1
10-14-2005, 04:24 PM
here is my answer to this whole entire discussion

http://www.westlakeaudio.com/Speakers/Professional_Series/sm-1.html

Here is a guy who knows what pro sound is. These monitors run 100K without crossovers. Those will set you back another 15 to 20K. Someone also mentioned TAD, once again "now your taking pro quailty". Imaging and a sound stage that will make you wet your pants. You would not believe anything could sound this good. Go find out at Westlakes outlet on Santa Monica Blvd.

The worst thing to ever happen to the recording industry was the NS-10 and what it started.

Have a good one.

Florian
10-14-2005, 04:54 PM
You all have no clue... Spanking Mr.Ice here has 7lbs monitors with a better responce of 20 to 35000 Hz at +-2db than you ****ty 550lbs 20-20000Hz +-3db monitors. ;)
You know how i mean it ;)

Florian
10-14-2005, 05:06 PM
This could be a good bargain for the 3500 bucks..

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1131801481

Woochifer
10-14-2005, 05:28 PM
You all have no clue... Spanking Mr.Ice here has 7lbs monitors with a better responce of 20 to 35000 Hz at +-2db than you ****ty 550lbs 20-20000Hz +-3db monitors. ;)
You know how i mean it ;)

Give it a rest, you're letting a troll get to you.

Florian
10-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Give it a rest, you're letting a troll get to you.
Are you sure he is a Troll?

j/k

SpankingVanillaice
10-14-2005, 06:14 PM
To tell you the truth I dont know what a troll is but what ever it is it doesnt sound like its a good thing. But I know that when I post things I am serious about what I am saying and I am not just playing games in here to annoy peep. I am giving true infos about the speakers and headphones I am talking about.

Florian
10-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Have you ever wondered why people don't take you seriously?

-Flo

SpankingVanillaice
10-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Well that is a good question what Florian said why dont peep take it serious when I post something but I dont know why. I only know that I am trying my best to tell peep how good are my speakers and stuff since as I said for the price they are very good you know. I aint playing games or jocking around I am dead serious that for the price my speakers and headphones are the best.

SpankingVanillaice
10-14-2005, 06:34 PM
I am very proud that I am getting the best stuff for the price. I know there are better things out there but for the price they are the best. My Edirol MA-10D and my MDR-V300 headphones sounds the best for the price I know thats for sure. :)

PAT.P
10-14-2005, 06:39 PM
To tell you the truth I dont know what a troll is but what ever it is it doesnt sound like its a good thing. But I know that when I post things I am serious about what I am saying and I am not just playing games in here to annoy peep. I am giving true infos about the speakers and headphones I am talking about.I dont think this is Spanking Vanilla Ice ,most be his younger brother Popsicle.

PAT.P
10-14-2005, 06:48 PM
I am very proud that I am getting the best stuff for the price. I know there are better things out there but for the price they are the best. My Edirol MA-10D and my MDR-V300 headphones sounds the best for the price I know thats for sure. :) I think you been sniffing to much Ethanol.

Florian
10-14-2005, 06:56 PM
I am very proud that I am getting the best stuff for the price. I know there are better things out there but for the price they are the best. My Edirol MA-10D and my MDR-V300 headphones sounds the best for the price I know thats for sure. :)
Well have you ever measured your speakers with a realtime analyzer? Because, i can guarantee you right now that the specs they posts are impossible to be accurate and close to the truth. What other speakers have you heard and what have you compared them too?

-Flo

SpankingVanillaice
10-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Well I can say other speakers I have heard were passive type not powered but I can say that the Edirol MA-10D is way better than the Sony SS-MB150H and I can say they are better than the JBL N24 or the JBL HLS410. As you see I am compairing speakers that are about the same size woofers and about the same price. I can say that the Edirol MA-10D puts more bass than even the JBL Control 1. I tested the feq using my ears and mic and I can say that the MA-10D really goes 45hz low. I have a software called TrueRTA and I use it to see how low and high the speakers can play. Overall I am very impressed how the MA-10D plays since they really go from 45hz to 35khz. Of cource at 45hz its not going to be powerful since its coming out of a 3in 1/2 woofers. But it really does play that low for real. They do really play flat too.

Florian
10-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Well ok, so you have compared it to other 200$ speakers and found it to be the best for you. Thats cool, i can live with that. What plans do you have for upgrading? Maybe a better source component, cables etc.? Have you planned any mods such as soldering the source directly to the inputs of the amp and chaning the filters and internal wiring of the internal amp? What speaker stands do you use? What music do you listen too, and lastly why have you never logically replied before and changed your picture? Are you a brother of the original poster?

-Flo

SpankingVanillaice
10-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I dont think I will be upgrading for a long time since I dont have money for it and I have my monitors placed on my comp desk. I have not replyed since there wasnt really anything to reply to but I did reply to some I think but I dont remember. The current pic you see is me and the other one was my friend or I should say my boyfriend but I dont know if he will last since he hasent even come to see me in person for like 1 year and 4 months. I might just look for someone else. I will have to think about this.

SpankingVanillaice
10-14-2005, 10:14 PM
My fav types of music are alternative rock and jazz and techno and pop.

Florian
10-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Well, i am sorry for making fun of you being gay.If thats what you like its fine, but if a boyfriend/girlfriend doesnt even show up for that time then look around for someone else
Anyway, i would be careful with comments that its "better then all home audio systems", these are the kind of comments that get me in trouble all the time when i comment on some british box speakers. Try to be a bit more diplomatic, thats what i am trying to be and its starting to work. You know upgrading the internal cables, or speaker bracing are all upgrades that will not cost you a lot of money. Maybe 25$ or something and is well worth it.

Cheers

Flo.