Burned CD Playback Issues [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Burned CD Playback Issues

anamorphic96
09-19-2005, 06:44 AM
I recently replaced the CD burner in my computer with a Memorex drive. I also purchased some blank CDR's. (Memorex)

When I goto play these discs on my CD player (NAD C542) the player seems to not want to play the last few tracks on all the discs I burned today. Does not matter the number of tracks on the disc. It just will not play the last 2 to 4 tracks. However all my older CDR's they play fine. Some are on Memorex discs and some are on Maxell.

Now when I switch these newly burned discs to my DVD player (Integra DPS 6.5) all the newly burned discs play with no issues.

Im wondering where the issue is coming from. Is it the NAD player ? The blank discs ? I dont think its Itunes or the burner. Im thinking the NAD or the discs.

All discs that where burned where WAV files that where stored on my computer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this issue.

Thanks

E-Stat
09-19-2005, 07:19 AM
When I goto play these discs on my CD player (NAD C542) the player seems to not want to play the last few tracks on all the discs I burned today. Does not matter the number of tracks on the disc. It just will not play the last 2 to 4 tracks.
With some burners, I've found that you need to slow down the write speed in order to make flawless copies. When I don't with mine, I get pops and other track weirdness.

Try burning at say, 8x or 4x.

rw

BillB
09-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Burn speed can definitely play a factor in my experience.

Bill

Wireworm5
09-19-2005, 08:48 AM
IMO the issue your mentioning has to do with copy protection of somekind on the music cd. I have one cd where the same thing has happened which I don't get on any other cd. A few other things to keep in mind. Don't exceed the speed of your cd-rom burner. Cheap cd-r's, I've always had bad results with memorex. Sony's are still the best, but I've come across the occasional dud at high speeds. Kodak use to be the best but not anymore. Copying to HD instead of direct to disc on these difficult discs might help. Also a poor mp3 convertor will give you those random glitches from one copy to the next. And if your computer has insufficient Ram memory ( it's a good idea to empty the trash can on computer before ripping cause this takes up needed memory) only run the copy software and nothing else.

N. Abstentia
09-19-2005, 09:42 AM
First thing to try is a different brand of CD-R..try some Verbatims Taiyo Yudens.

sam9
09-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Some software seems to be better than others at avoiding burning problems. I use CDRWIN from Goldenhawk.com and have never had a problem with CD-R. CD-RW was another matter.

Check if your software has options to protect against buffer under/overrun, if it allows a test burn (doesn't actually burn but monitors the process for errors before you try the real thing), can monitor and adjust burn speed in progress, etc.

noddin0ff
09-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Do they play to the end on a different CD player? One that is not a burner or a computer.

BillB
09-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Media's also a factor. My Cambridge Audio D300 CD Player in my other system is fussy with PC-burned CDs. The first brand it's played completely through without incident are Verbatim's Digital Vinyl discs.

Bill

anamorphic96
09-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Media's also a factor. My Cambridge Audio D300 CD Player in my other system is fussy with PC-burned CDs. The first brand it's played completely through without incident are Verbatim's Digital Vinyl discs.

Bill

It seems your right BillB. I picked up some HP discs today and all seems well. I remade the copies from yesterday and they all play through fine. I also slowed down the burning speed to 12X.

Thanks for all the input everyone.